60 plus - still stormin' (and/or struggling)

45 watchers
10 Jun
7:34pm, 10 Jun 2022
17461 posts
  •  
jennywren
How are we all? Still stormin’?
10 Jun
7:43pm, 10 Jun 2022
45747 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
Never seen this thread before! Love the title (especially the bit before the brackets)! Will engage with it when I qualify next year. 😀
10 Jun
7:46pm, 10 Jun 2022
17462 posts
  •  
jennywren
You can jump in now if you like :)
10 Jun
9:34pm, 10 Jun 2022
21784 posts
  •  
Columba
It appears that there's an annual parkrun (in Bushy Park) for octogenarions. Something to look forward to.
10 Jun
9:38pm, 10 Jun 2022
19936 posts
  •  
Sharkie
I will share my WhatsApp post to my Serpie teammates to prove I am still storming (if struggling to storm)

'Obvs I will be there, complete with bus pass and zimmer frame. Am happy to do LJ, 100, JT, DT and HJ as required. Need to save my last place 200m for Vets the following night.'

Am actually hoping not to be last at the Vets meet (that was for comic effect), but it's hard work in the normal league.
10 Jun
9:39pm, 10 Jun 2022
19937 posts
  •  
Sharkie
LJ and HJ should be obvious, JT is javelin and DT is discus.
10 Jun
11:19pm, 10 Jun 2022
33729 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
You will still be storming at ninety Sharkie !

I had a decent parkrun last Saturday but irritated my hamstring again so have had to take it easy this week, the parkrun I am doing tomorrow has ‘inclines’ judging by peoples comments they might be on the hilly side so I will definitely be taking it easy.
11 Jun
5:36am, 11 Jun 2022
17463 posts
  •  
jennywren
You will Sharkie.

I’m not stormin’ in terms of running but I’m loving the strength work at the Big Boys gym and have discovered a bit of a talent for fast walking.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
Here's my latest wizard wheeze. A running/training/competing/whatevering thread specifically fo...

Heart Rate Analysis

See your heart rate training data from the last 12 months broken down in technicolour.

Flat as a pancake?

We've collected thousands of your reviews from events, and worked out which races give you the best chance of a fast time!

UTMOST

Beat your league rivals to gain weekly promotion. Compete at every distance from a mile to a marathon.

Marathon Prediction

We delve deeper to give you greater insights when working out your goal marathon time.

X

Free training & racing tools for runners, cyclists, swimmers & walkers.

Fetcheveryone lets you analyse your training, find races, plot routes, chat in our forum, get advice, play games - and more! Nothing is behind a paywall, and it'll stay that way thanks to our awesome community!
Get Started
Click here to join 108,914 Fetchies!
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here