6 day ultrafest: 48 hours, 24 hours and a marathon a day for 6 days

10 watchers
Nov 2010
9:58pm, 16 Nov 2010
9,018 posts
  •  
hellen
I am not familiar with these sorts of things but I had assumed that they would all start together then just finsih at diff times. I feel sorry for the 6 day guys who will still be going until 10am when the others finish at 9am

LF, if you are not bothered about numbers (ie as many as poss to get to the 100) then prob best to enter the 6 day. That way you get food and you get somewhere to sleep when you need to. You could still do more or less what you planned ie keep going for 48 hours then the rest of the time run a marathon a day. Entering the 6 day gives you more flexibiity although I suppose there is the cost to consider but at least you wont have to pay for accomadation and food

when I spoke to Pam some time back she said that when she did a 6 day event she just did 30 miles a day more or less in 1 go then had a proper sleep between each day
Nov 2010
10:36pm, 16 Nov 2010
263 posts
  •  
liverpoool.feet
That's not my thinking no. If I were to sign up a time-bound event then I want to give an all out effort, be sure that at my level of experience I'm able to stay up running for the whole time and not get 'comfy' sleep in between when others are running 100%. I mean if I know at this point in time can stay up and be running for 24hr easily, then I can go for 48 - new territory but not impossible and not too easy. And obviously I'm not able to stay up for most of the day and sleep 3hrs or however the Binks kind of superhumans do it, then for me there's no point signing up for such race knowing in advance I'll be taking things easy, too easy. If it isn't hard and exhausting then what achievement is that? no achievement. It's easy signing up for too easy races and win them all. I want to signe up for sth that's a big challenge to me. Even if I'm the bottom of the table if it's a 48hr and I ran all of it then for me finishing is a big achievement in itself. I mean I'm not talking normal marathons you sign up for fun and training, I'm taliking about an event which iat least in my case would be a The Big thing for the year.

And with marathons, well, sure I want to get to a 100 some time! I'm only a quarter way there so that's a long way off but sure I'd want to join that 'respected' group of runners:)
Nov 2010
11:39pm, 16 Nov 2010
2 posts
  •  
Supergirl Pam
Website now up and running www.lingfieldparkultrafest.com

Will sort out race entry details when I get back from my 8 day race in Monaco starting next Saturday.

if anyone would like to sponsor me www.justgiving.com/PamStorey

Cheers all.
Nov 2010
12:51am, 17 Nov 2010
2,443 posts
  •  
kstuart
def still in favour of 6 in 6 and er staying somewhere local and walled and roofed ;)
Nov 2010
6:39am, 17 Nov 2010
28,564 posts
  •  
mxhornet
Reading the website properly for the first time rather than quickly skimming through, the 100 mile race is a race walk under RWA rules so no running would be allowed.
Nov 2010
10:38am, 17 Nov 2010
9,020 posts
  •  
hellen
copying and pasting Pams reply on the other site

You need to enter the Marathons in advance and, if you are planning to do 6 then you must pay entries for 6. No refunds if you choose not to run. (it is a charity event)

There will be water, sports drink and portaloos for the Marathon at the side of the racecourse circuit which, by the way, is about 1.25 miles round.

All the events will be chip timed.

Car parking will be available, not yet known if it will be on the racecourse or in the main car park.

I am hoping that the Marathon runners will get sponsored for the charities (proceeds split jointly between both). Sponsor forms will be available shortly.
Nov 2010
10:39am, 17 Nov 2010
9,021 posts
  •  
hellen
LF, you obs are quite diff to me then, I want to go for a nice time, perhaps be pushed a bit but am not quite as driven as you seem to be
I now understand where you are coming from and understand that my suggestion would not work for you.
Nov 2010
11:49am, 17 Nov 2010
9,023 posts
  •  
hellen
K - you gone off camping now?!!

Have had a bit of a look at places with beds and roofs, there seem to be quite a few 4 bed places around but often they have double beds in at least one room, generally the prices work out between £100 and £150 per person which is pretty good. Some are already booked for that week. The only one I found in Lingfield is not been rented out at the mo, shame as it looked good. There are quite a few which by my guess are within a 20 mins drive, not as good as the campsite distance wise but much more comfortable.
Nov 2010
12:18pm, 17 Nov 2010
2,444 posts
  •  
kstuart
I'm sure i can cope with slumming it at a campsite, more cost effective i would reckon. Just the small matter of lack of tent.
Nov 2010
12:22pm, 17 Nov 2010
9,024 posts
  •  
hellen
you would also need a stove and all the other camping parafanalia so it could end up being more expensive

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
6 day ultrafest: 48 hours, 24 hours and a marathon a day for 6 days starting 15th of August in Surre...