5k race technique...best method
12:00pm, 12 Mar 2012
SODIron © 2002I'm with SPR on this...
my first mile on Sat would have undoubtedly been a sub 6 (no way to prove this but I was around 15th at this stage). This *killed* mile 2 & 3 where the monkey was on my back, my CG was screaming stop/slow down etc. and I was generally going backwards. It took around 10 minutes to recover from that first mile, then it was too late. Damage was done and I'd dropped down to 26th. Managed to battle the youth in 25th place and take him down to steal it by a couple of seconds or so, but it was certainly a great example of how NOT to run a 5K.
10:03am, 14 Aug 2016
Hills of Death (HOD)I think it's time this came back I nearly choked on my porridge when I saw DeeGee do a 18 min 5k where is he 😉
About This Thread
- Project Joker Dec 2023
- Sub 30min 5k Nov 2023
- The sub-20 5k dread-thread Nov 2023
- Sub 18 5k Aug 2023
- parkrun milestone celebrations Feb 2022
- Sub 19 Min 5k Thread Dec 2020
- Intervals at 5k pace - why 5k pace? Aug 2019
- 3 years and 3 months after my heart attack I did Tonbridge Parkrun this morning Mar 2019
- Best sub25 5k training plan/app? Mar 2016
- Hitting 5k, 10k & HM pace in training Jul 2015
Buy a Fetch buff
Order now for immediate dispatch!
Join us in 2024 for a part-virtual, part-gathering endurance event to celebrate 20 years of Fetcheveryone!
See all your training overlaid on one interactive map. A great way to remember everywhere you've been
Race Listings League
Which Fetchies have done the most to make our race listings as awesome as they are?