BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter
5k race technique...best method
12:00pm, 12 Mar 2012
SODIron © 2002I'm with SPR on this...
my first mile on Sat would have undoubtedly been a sub 6 (no way to prove this but I was around 15th at this stage). This *killed* mile 2 & 3 where the monkey was on my back, my CG was screaming stop/slow down etc. and I was generally going backwards. It took around 10 minutes to recover from that first mile, then it was too late. Damage was done and I'd dropped down to 26th. Managed to battle the youth in 25th place and take him down to steal it by a couple of seconds or so, but it was certainly a great example of how NOT to run a 5K.
10:03am, 14 Aug 2016
Hills of Death (HOD)I think it's time this came back I nearly choked on my porridge when I saw DeeGee do a 18 min 5k where is he 😉
About This Thread
Maintained by fetcheveryone
- Project Joker
- Sub 18 5k
- parkrun milestone celebrations
- Sub 30min 5k
- The sub-20 5k dread-thread
- Sub 19 Min 5k Thread
- Intervals at 5k pace - why 5k pace?
- 3 years and 3 months after my heart attack I did Tonbridge Parkrun this morning
- Best sub25 5k training plan/app?
- Hitting 5k, 10k & HM pace in training