500m (or your own personal target) for 2018

17 watchers
Dec 2018
12:15am, 17 Dec 2018
2,838 posts
  •  
Evangel
It's been very encouraging, & is inspirationalisticalogically essential, GG. (i.e. Yeah you bet!)
Dec 2018
7:15am, 17 Dec 2018
8,490 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Cool I’ll get it started up over the holidays. I find it helps me to stay focused.
Dec 2018
7:04pm, 17 Dec 2018
25,937 posts
  •  
Dave.O
Well done to those that have/will make the 500. Not done to great myself due to one reason or another, but it would be nice if you could do it again next year GG :) as it does give us something to aim for.
Dec 2018
7:06pm, 17 Dec 2018
2,764 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
I take it you will want our planned races as well, gg?
Dec 2018
11:32pm, 17 Dec 2018
8,495 posts
  •  
geordiegirl of New York
Yes Phil feel free to start updating the spreadsheet.
Dec 2018
9:57pm, 20 Dec 2018
8,496 posts
  •  
geordiegirl tale of New York
OMG just been to SportFit missed 2 weeks largely as I’ve not been 100% and still had dizzy spells tonight but we worked in pairs tonight 10 exercises 60s reps x 3 sets.

I was with one of the fittest blokes in the class and we came 3rd. He was brilliant telling them I improved every round and I also was only one to still be wearing my Santa hat at the end. As always really enjoyed it but wish the dizziness would do one. I clipped the box on box jumps didn’t half knock my confidence.

Hoping to get a run in with Geordiemum tomorrow and 5k Xmas race Sunday. Supposed to be at a club friends 100th parkrun on Saturday but been asked to help my cousin to have the kids so she can pick up Xmas gift one of those times but too important t to her to say I can’t. Sorry K
Dec 2018
10:52am, 25 Dec 2018
8,499 posts
  •  
Merry Christmas 500’ers hope it’s a good one.
Dec 2018
5:33pm, 27 Dec 2018
8,504 posts
  •  
Left my in-laws for a long run home today. Mapped it around 9.5-11 mile depending which way I finished but a few extras added along the way and a desire to round up I did 13.62m no garmin so had to download and use strava for the first time.

I struggled with shin/calf tightness so at mile 2 thought I’d be calling for a lift. I hobbled on stopping to stretch at regular intervals and by mile 7 it seemed to ease off. Added in a final lop around the fells and over the moon I’m now at 525. Can I do 25 in 4 days 😂 maybe I’ll stick with whatever I manage.
Dec 2018
6:25pm, 27 Dec 2018
3,611 posts
  •  
Eynsham the Red knows rain dear
Well done GG. I hope that this niggle doesn’t persist 🤞
Dec 2018
5:47pm, 28 Dec 2018
8,509 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Right guys & gals the new group is created. I deleted all the races out of the spreadsheet ready for you to populate for this year.

I've deleted everyone out so we only have those on there who is in the group to keep it tidy.

Hope to see you over here fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=60675

About This Thread

Maintained by geordiegirl
A new group for 2018 running goals.

Another group for another year, but whether you're aiming for 500 or more or less lets just have a nice little social group to share our goals and running antics.

Everyone is welcome, whether you don't want to set an official target or you may be aiming further but still want to pop by for a chat/offer some words of wisdom or just because the door is always open and kettle is on.

Target miles Link fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=500

to set your mileage: fetcheveryone.com/training-targets.php

Race Planner docs.google.com

(When you go in give yourself a colour so I know you're wanting to be on the sheet so I can keep it tidy)

If you update the race planner after I've updated the header drop me an fmail or a reminder (or 2) on the thread so I know to update. Thanks

August
15th - Quayside 5k - geordiegirl
19th - Clacton Half - Svrunner
26th - Mersea Half - Svrunner

September
9th - GNR:
Hally, Nutso, Going Commando,

9th - Langham 10k - Svrunner
16th - Paras10 - geordiegirl

October
7th - Oxford Half - Eynsham Red

November