500m (or your own personal target) for 2018

17 watchers
Dec 2018
9:05am, 1 Dec 2018
4,693 posts
  •  
BanjoBax
Good going PenW & GG, getting some good distance runs in, it is so hard when you're worried all the time about breaking again.

Nice discipline & run Phil
Dec 2018
7:09am, 10 Dec 2018
8,484 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Life happens and injuries do their best to derail us but we have all achieved what we’ve been capable of. I know if I didn’t set a target there would have been less runs at times.

8m last night with geordiemum, my first run in over a week this time of year is a killer.

Run was good my legs weren’t too happy and my knee is really troublesome. At one Point I was very concerned as my foot was really sore when I got back but a weekend of wearing heels and dancing the night away may be to blame.

I’m planning to run home tomorrow so I’ll hit my 500 then I’d like to say 550 for the year but they may be stretching it a bit far - we’ll see.

Hope you’re all doing ok.
Dec 2018
11:17am, 10 Dec 2018
1,874 posts
  •  
Nutso Lazytoad!
Gg sorry to hear your still struggling but awesome mileage

I am currently 10k away from achieving my target so club run Thursday or parkrun sat will get me there 😊 there were points this year with injury I didn’t think I would get there!
Dec 2018
11:52pm, 10 Dec 2018
2,834 posts
  •  
Evangel
Well done GG, on just about hitting the target. You have exactly 3 weeks to get another 50, but don't get yourself injured again in the attempt.
I'm doing our club's 5K Santa Run on Saturday along the seafront at Aberavon - the surprisingly pleasant seafront of Port Talbot! So as my last quality run before then, this morning I did some intervals - 5x800m.(+200m. jog RBI). The session went quite well.
Dec 2018
8:02pm, 11 Dec 2018
8,486 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Great effort Ev and thanks to you and Nutso for the thumbs up.

Been out tonight with a fellow friend from club she is returning from onjiry and we’re both doing darkskies so seems opportune we’re also similar paced so it should hopefully prove beneficial to both of us.

The run means I’m now just over 500 - 502.15 to be exact 😂 and knowing the holiday season is coming I should get a couple of decent long runs in - inshallah.

Keep up the great work everyone!!
Dec 2018
10:04pm, 11 Dec 2018
3,531 posts
  •  
Eynsham the Red knows rain dear
I’ve got one mile to do, probably tomorrow, to get to 300 miles (200 short of my original target) but have just noticed that I’ve only got seventeen miles to do to log 900 miles since I’ve been on Fetch. That’s now my new target for the year, which should be doable 🤞

Well done GG on making your target with room to spare, especially following your injury earlier this year
Dec 2018
9:48am, 16 Dec 2018
2,761 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Well done everyone who has made the target. If like me, you're not going to, then don't be too disappointed. A good amount of regular runs are far better than none at all.

Persuaded myself to get out for an eight mile run this morning. Having missed out last weekend due to a head cold, I gave it a go albeit with a dry, tickly cough and slight congestion. The first four miles were a bit of a literal uphill slog, 5-6 were easy but I was getting tired for the final two miles. Glad I did it and can now enjoy the rest of the day!
Dec 2018
10:04am, 16 Dec 2018
4,701 posts
  •  
BanjoBax
Well done hitting target GG

I'm going to be well short of target, need to work out how to fit in runs.

Parkrun seasons best yesterday, still run walking, but it's something, and temporarily not injured :)
Dec 2018
4:35pm, 16 Dec 2018
8,489 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Well said Phil it is a target something to aim for not something to beat yourself up about if you don’t make it. We’ve pretty much all being badgered by injury and niggles and life. Celebrate what you’ve done.

I’ve been away with friends this weekend which was fab.

Do we want this group again next year?
Dec 2018
5:13pm, 16 Dec 2018
3,540 posts
  •  
Eynsham the Red knows rain dear
YES PLEASE GG 😀

About This Thread

Maintained by geordiegirl
A new group for 2018 running goals.

Another group for another year, but whether you're aiming for 500 or more or less lets just have a nice little social group to share our goals and running antics.

Everyone is welcome, whether you don't want to set an official target or you may be aiming further but still want to pop by for a chat/offer some words of wisdom or just because the door is always open and kettle is on.

Target miles Link fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=500

to set your mileage: fetcheveryone.com/training-targets.php

Race Planner docs.google.com

(When you go in give yourself a colour so I know you're wanting to be on the sheet so I can keep it tidy)

If you update the race planner after I've updated the header drop me an fmail or a reminder (or 2) on the thread so I know to update. Thanks

August
15th - Quayside 5k - geordiegirl
19th - Clacton Half - Svrunner
26th - Mersea Half - Svrunner

September
9th - GNR:
Hally, Nutso, Going Commando,

9th - Langham 10k - Svrunner
16th - Paras10 - geordiegirl

October
7th - Oxford Half - Eynsham Red

November