500m (or your own personal target) for 2018

17 watchers
Nov 2018
2:38pm, 25 Nov 2018
2,714 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Did a seven miler this morning but ran the first hill about 15-20 seconds quicker than usual. As a result, I ended up running a positive split whereas I have been doing a few negative ones. Still managed 8.40 min/mile which is about the norm. However, I might have paid for it had I been running a mile or two further.
Nov 2018
8:10am, 30 Nov 2018
8,475 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Great running Phil just take it easy don’t overdo it too soon.

I’ve been struggling with a few sniffles (can’t call it a cold) but enough to slow me down. Yesterday sat at my desk I went lightheaded so almost didn’t go to SportFit but I figured I could do my best and while I noticed the difference in usual performance I enjoyed it and gave it my best shot.

Planning to run home from work today plan is 7miles but will be weather dependent and if I feel rubbish I’ll cut it short.

So 32 days to go and I hope you’re all ready for the festive spirit - be good to hear how you’re all doing!
Nov 2018
10:38am, 30 Nov 2018
1,668 posts
  •  
PenW
Hope you feel better soon GG!

I managed my first 10 mile run in a long time on Sunday. I need to build a good long run base and get my body used to the longer runs. The mileage is building!
Nov 2018
11:34am, 30 Nov 2018
8,476 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Pen I do apologise I thought I had responded to your post << seems I thought about it.

Well done on the 10miler, I can totally relate to the worry of breaking again, it seems to lurk in the darkest areas of your mind just enough to make you conscious of very niggle.

I have a 10mile night run in February and Darkskies marathon again in March, so need to get my miles up.... hoping I manage the 7 today and I'll build up from there. I blogged the other day about not managing to make running club but I really have to make an effort as I know they push me along, whereas running alone or with my mum I don't get the same progression. New Year plans!!
Nov 2018
4:30pm, 30 Nov 2018
8,477 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Seems I can’t clunt... 8.1m took me to 499 not 500 😂 but I’ll get it by next weekend.
Nov 2018
4:31pm, 30 Nov 2018
8,478 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Oops 490 not 499
Nov 2018
5:37pm, 30 Nov 2018
3,478 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
Can’t spell either GG 😀
Nov 2018
7:41pm, 30 Nov 2018
8,479 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Seems not! Bought my phone in japan it’s still learning Geordie 😂
Dec 2018
7:57am, 1 Dec 2018
2,718 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Great job, gg. Well done on hitting the target.

Did 7.8 miles in the rain this morning which got me to 300! After such a naff summer of almost no running, it's something I suppose. I feel like a lower-order batsman (cricket) who's managed to get a half-century although their team has all but lost.
Dec 2018
7:59am, 1 Dec 2018
2,719 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
I'm confident that you will have hit the target, gg. I hope that I didn't sound presumptuous as you have been under the weather!

About This Thread

Maintained by geordiegirl
A new group for 2018 running goals.

Another group for another year, but whether you're aiming for 500 or more or less lets just have a nice little social group to share our goals and running antics.

Everyone is welcome, whether you don't want to set an official target or you may be aiming further but still want to pop by for a chat/offer some words of wisdom or just because the door is always open and kettle is on.

Target miles Link fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=500

to set your mileage: fetcheveryone.com/training-targets.php

Race Planner docs.google.com

(When you go in give yourself a colour so I know you're wanting to be on the sheet so I can keep it tidy)

If you update the race planner after I've updated the header drop me an fmail or a reminder (or 2) on the thread so I know to update. Thanks

August
15th - Quayside 5k - geordiegirl
19th - Clacton Half - Svrunner
26th - Mersea Half - Svrunner

September
9th - GNR:
Hally, Nutso, Going Commando,

9th - Langham 10k - Svrunner
16th - Paras10 - geordiegirl

October
7th - Oxford Half - Eynsham Red

November