500m (or your own goal) in 2017

24 watchers
Dec 2017
12:33pm, 17 Dec 2017
2,330 posts
  •  
Eynsham the Red knows rain dear
Gosh, I hope your OH recovers soon.
It is so frustrating to be so close to your target and then the unexpected tries to foil your goals. Good luck in getting the outstanding miles in over the next couple of weeks.
Dec 2017
7:24pm, 17 Dec 2017
4,299 posts
  •  
BanjoBax
Poppy - hope you manage to hit your target, well done getting so close, healing vibes for your OH
Dec 2017
1:41pm, 18 Dec 2017
8,067 posts
  •  
geordiegirl merrily on high
Oh no Poppy hope he’s soon ok & you find some running time.

BB glad to see you have some momentum going.

I’ve crashed and burnt ..... 5 days in New York have killed me off, managed 2 runs while we were there a 5(ish) and a 7. Since I’ve got back I’m stressed to the hilt and have no inclination to squeeze in a run 😢 I’ve put in holiday to finish Wednesday so I may get some extra miles in by year end although my stretch target of 700 is a dream for another year I think.

Well done to all and hopefully see a few of you here for a year end round up.

So we want a 500 group again for next year?
Dec 2017
3:05pm, 18 Dec 2017
4,300 posts
  •  
BanjoBax
GG - hope the holiday helps with the stress, a 5 & 7 in NY sounds great going to me, have a great Christmas
Dec 2017
6:04pm, 18 Dec 2017
2,336 posts
  •  
GG - I’m up for a 500 Group for 2018.

I hope that your time off will allow you to rest and de-stress.
Dec 2017
4:39pm, 21 Dec 2017
4,303 posts
  •  
BanjoBax
I was planning on hanging around the new here next year if that's OK, though I'll probably have a higher target if the wheels don't fall off.

Got past another personal mini target of 271 today ( more than my 2014, 2015 & 2016 mileages combined)

Hope things are going well for you all
Dec 2017
4:47pm, 21 Dec 2017
2,195 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Yes please. 500 should be ideal for me next year having been resigned to not quite making it this time around.
Dec 2017
10:14am, 24 Dec 2017
8,075 posts
  •  
geordiegirl merrily on high
Still failed at running here it’s been beyond ridiculous and I’m sure not running is adding to the stresses I’m feeling!

I’ll stsrt up a new thread over the holidays and we’ll all keep at the challenge. I’m a bit gutted I didn’t meet my stretch of 700 but it’s still my highest mileage ever (once I upload my New York runs!)

In case I don’t get back wishing you all a Very Happy Christmas I hope Santa is good to us all with lots of mojo and injury free running delivered!
Dec 2017
11:30am, 24 Dec 2017
4,313 posts
  •  
BanjoBax
GG - congratulations on your record mileage champagne :) hope you can get the trainers on soon.
Dec 2017
3:48pm, 24 Dec 2017
2,368 posts
  •  
5 miles this morning. A slim chance that I might be able to fit in 20 miles in the next week to reach 400 for the year, but with Christmas things it could be a struggle.

In the ideal world I’ll be able to do my 400th mile next Saturday at my 50th parkrun.

About This Thread

Maintained by geordiegirl
Another group for another year, but whether you're aiming for 500 or more or less lets just have a nice little social group to share our goals and running antics.

Everyone is welcome, whether you don't want to set an official target or you may be aiming further but still want to pop by for a chat/offer some words of wisdom or just because the door is always open and kettle is on.

Target miles Link http://www.fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=500

to set your mileage:

Go to the Train tab

scroll down to where it says - annual mileage targets

there should be a little box to the right in red, click for run and add your mileage.

Race Planner docs.google.com

(When you go in give yourself a colour so I know you're wanting to be on the sheet so I can keep it tidy)

If you update the race planner after I've updated the header drop me an fmail or a reminder (or 2) on the thread so I know to update. Thanks

October

8th - Sussex Marathon - SurreyPhil
15th - Birmingham International Mara - Hally
22nd - Chelmsford Marathon - SurreyPhil
29th - Worksop HM - Taz

November

19th - Brooks Brighton 10k - SurreyPhil

December