500ish miles gang

33 watchers
Oct 2019
8:50pm, 1 Oct 2019
2,906 posts
  •  
Evangel
GG, it is indeed sad that you mislaid your handbag! I hope you didn't have bank credit/debit cards in it, for that can be rather awkward. In a few weeks time I shall be 74, so just imagine the state you'll be in in 24 years time! So far, I haven't tried to run the wrong way up the running track, but a couple of weeks ago my wife and I were in the car and as we reached a roundabout, another motorist zoomed past us going the wrong way! If we'd been a few seconds earlier it could have been nasty.
Oct 2019
12:25pm, 2 Oct 2019
8,983 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Hahaha Red I think it would be more appropriate to join giving up alcohol thread 😂

EV what a fright thank goodness for split seconds. You & Mrs Ev are a constant inspiration just like my little geordiemum
Oct 2019
9:28am, 4 Oct 2019
8,988 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Pleased to report that I am feeling a bit better today, I have been feeling like a cold was coming on and very tired but a couple of days of rest, cozy blankets, and early nights has helped. Loch Ness on Sunday.... start to finish attempt with lots of smiles coming up.

Good luck for your half Dave O.
Oct 2019
12:48pm, 5 Oct 2019
517 posts
  •  
Deinonychus
See you tomorrow, GG. Are you staying in Inverness? I’ve booked a hostel in Fort Augustus, as that means not so much an early start tomorrow.
Oct 2019
12:55pm, 5 Oct 2019
518 posts
  •  
Deinonychus
Not been around here much of late, but my marathon training has taken me up to 485 miles for the year, so all being well will pass 500 tomorrow. This wasn’t planned (had no idea I was so close until I checked just now) but seems a fitting way to tech the landmark for the first time.
Oct 2019
12:56pm, 5 Oct 2019
519 posts
  •  
Deinonychus
*reach
Oct 2019
10:34am, 7 Oct 2019
436 posts
  •  
Strutbrother
Hi everyone, well it's been a couple of years since I've been on Fetch so it's good to be back! It's also been a couple of years since I've done any running really, but a recent week in Spain meant I dug out my running shoes and plodded slowly up and down the seafront for the first time in a VERY long time! It was only a very slow 1.6 miles but gosh did my thighs know about it! I managed three runs in total and then my fourth run (a slightly longer 2 miles!) when I got back to Devon last week. I am also on Day 17 since giving up the nasty fags so it's all part of the new regime! Feeling better in myself already and planning my next little outing after work tomorrow. This forum has always been my go to place for inspiration and motivation so it’s good to see some old faces here (Hi GG, WtnMel, BanjoBax, Tazdedai, Gimme Medals and Evangel!). I have to agree with Evangel that it's a great forum to be part of and although I have no hope of getting anywhere near 500 miles this year it's just a comforting, familiar place to come back to!
Oct 2019
2:47pm, 7 Oct 2019
2,907 posts
  •  
Evangel
Welcome back Strutbrother, and every success with the no-smoking. I know from other people how much of a battle giving-up can be; if you make it past the 2 month stage it should get easier. Just think of the benefit your lungs will feel, and once you really get back into running, you won't want to do anything that stops you reaching your full potential. There's motivation for you!
Oct 2019
3:51pm, 7 Oct 2019
437 posts
  •  
Strutbrother
Thanks Evangel, yes the old lungs have been feeling better already and I'm nowhere near so out of breath as before. After a couple of years doing a fairly active job, I've been back in an office/rep role in the evil world of media for the last year and have watched the pounds slowly creeping back on. My shirts are getting a little snug so there's another motivation to get back out there on a regular basis! I'm lucky enough to live in a beautiful part of the country so there really isn't any excuse!!!
Oct 2019
4:09pm, 7 Oct 2019
4,491 posts
  •  
The Scribbler
My run mileage has plummeted after the Great North Run. I really need to get out there. Going to set an early alarm for tomorrow morning to get a few miles in. Someone give me a shove if you don't see my mileage picking up again this week!

About This Thread

Maintained by geordiegirl
*EDIT* in the current situation we are not entering races but I think we can still log any plans we may have over the coming months, whether it is learning a new skill, ticking jobs off a list, moving house(!), doing alternative exercise, aiming for training hours instead of miles, writing to family & friends, finding inventive ways to be together virtually or even entering virus races please fill in the planner and I’ll update this thread and keep our little social group going to share our goals.

Everyone is welcome, whether you don't want to set an official target or you may be aiming further but still want to pop by for a chat/offer some words of wisdom or just because the door is always open and kettle is on.

Target miles Link fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=500

to set your mileage: fetcheveryone.com/training-targets.php

Goal Planner docs.google.com

(When you go in give yourself a colour so I know you're wanting to be on the sheet so I can keep it tidy)

If you update the race planner after I've updated the header drop me an fmail or a reminder (or 2) on the thread so I know to update. Thanks