500ish miles gang

33 watchers
Aug 2019
5:14pm, 26 Aug 2019
8,904 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Went for a leg stretch yesterday and felt good with my newly remembered chi coaching my 2m plan ended off 4.5m. Today I had signed up for the run in memory of PC Andrew Harper I thought I had to run 7.065km but it was actually 7.605 flipping glad I’d rounded it up to 5m albeit in 2 runs - why did I not just pause photograph and carry on??? Anyway tweaked my fetch entry so hopefully all will be ok. It was red hot today having not slept well last night I didn’t drag myself out until 10.30, by 11 my friend told me it was 29deg. I felt good and strong and happy to turn up next Saturday and enjoy the experience.

Also mastered paddle boarding and falling off as I did right in front of a cafe one side of the river and a pub on the other thanks to some idiots blasting though the bridge which literally lifted my board I didn’t stand a chance. I was then tangled in weed and I won’t lie rather scared and was so glad I had friends with me to help. I had other off when another boat went past hard again and I hadn’t managed to turn my board into the wake. But on a positive I now know I can get back on board and carry on so all is good.
Aug 2019
10:33am, 31 Aug 2019
4,728 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
A bit of a fail on attaining a 🖤 this month. Hopefully I’ll be back up to normal mileage for September. I’m still well on course for 500 by the end of the year.

All the best GG for your Hardmoors Princess Challenge, and also to everyone else and their goals and challenges.
Aug 2019
3:02pm, 31 Aug 2019
2,901 posts
  •  
Evangel
ER, all of us get times when other things take priority, or just crowd out the running from our schedule.

During these past few weeks, we have had to amend our running, so that I haven't been able to go to the track or elsewhere, and all my running has been just easy-steady paced running from home. That's because my 99 year-old mother who is in a care home, has taken a turn for the worse, and has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, so we have spent many more hours visiting her.
Aug 2019
7:58pm, 31 Aug 2019
26,482 posts
  •  
Dave.O
ER life sometimes gets in the way of running at times but you are just behind me to so 4 months to do the other 100 you should be okay for the target :)

Evangel sorry about your mother :(
Aug 2019
8:56pm, 31 Aug 2019
8,907 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Well that made an impact on the stats... now 7th with 471 and almost 65 for the month gutted I am only 0.07 off the distance. That I fell on the run managed to pause the watch and was .2 of a mile out compared to the runners with me surely makes up 0.07.

Anyway I survived almost unscathed although I don’t think I’ll wvwr recover from the amount of and ridiculous steps I have encountered today. 31m of hell in places but pretty in others. It was incredibly hard even taking out the distance thing.

Messed up my fuelling again but some lovely runners rescued me and it helped. Must master this thing!

I may have a few days off before paras10 with Geordiemum on Saturday then I need to get into shape for Loch Ness. Why do I do this to myself?

Anyway for now I am mega proud of myself.

Hope you’re all ok.
Aug 2019
8:58pm, 31 Aug 2019
8,908 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
ER I am thinking of you and your family and hope your mum is comfortable and they can continue to keep her comfortable. sending healing prayers and strength to you all x
Sep 2019
9:10am, 2 Sep 2019
8,914 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
oh my goodness just gone to do the member of the month voting thing and seen I have been nominated - I am overwhelmed :)
Sep 2019
10:50am, 2 Sep 2019
4,735 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
Vote for GG. You know it makes sense. X 😀
Sep 2019
11:03am, 2 Sep 2019
61 posts
  •  
ZenJetmanPlurp
Hello all, I've been in the 500 league in the past and now live in the 700. It's just as friendly over there as it is here. My wife is in the 500 league for the first time, and a new Fetchie too, and she's curious why some don't move on to another target once they've reached 500 and had their moment of glory at the top of the table. I looked at the 500 and saw someone with 700+ sitting there. What are your thoughts? The league and moving up it is a great motivator; particularly to newer runners and new Fetchies.

And yes, vote for GG.
Sep 2019
11:19am, 2 Sep 2019
8,915 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Fetch re-set all the targets this year as a lot were there from setting targets many moons ago and not updating, but yeah we have a few who are in there who have clearly exceeded targets. I am on target to go over 500 but doubt I'll make 700. I might give it another go next year but I'll still be here to keep this thread going too.

Who is your wife Zen?

There's no need to be voting for me I just was a bit blown away I'd been nominated.

About This Thread

Maintained by geordiegirl
*EDIT* in the current situation we are not entering races but I think we can still log any plans we may have over the coming months, whether it is learning a new skill, ticking jobs off a list, moving house(!), doing alternative exercise, aiming for training hours instead of miles, writing to family & friends, finding inventive ways to be together virtually or even entering virus races please fill in the planner and I’ll update this thread and keep our little social group going to share our goals.

Everyone is welcome, whether you don't want to set an official target or you may be aiming further but still want to pop by for a chat/offer some words of wisdom or just because the door is always open and kettle is on.

Target miles Link fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=500

to set your mileage: fetcheveryone.com/training-targets.php

Goal Planner docs.google.com

(When you go in give yourself a colour so I know you're wanting to be on the sheet so I can keep it tidy)

If you update the race planner after I've updated the header drop me an fmail or a reminder (or 2) on the thread so I know to update. Thanks