500 miles in 2016

28 watchers
Dec 2015
12:29pm, 31 Dec 2015
7,645 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
A new thread for those who want to join us in the attempt to reach 500 miles next year.

Everyone is welcome, whether you don't want to set an official target or you may be aiming further but still want to pop by for a chat/offer some words of wisdom or just because the door is always open and kettle is on.

Target miles Link http://www.fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=500

Race Planner docs.google.com

If you update the race planner after I've updated the header drop me an fmail or a reminder (or 2) on the thread so I know to update. Thanks

January

29th - Muscat 10k - geordiegirl

February

March

April

Good luck everyone here's wishing everyone an injury free and healthy 2016.
Dec 2015
12:37pm, 31 Dec 2015
7,646 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Well gang welcome to our new 500 miles thread.

I have updated the header and the race planner for 2016, it is probably some quirk for me that the google part of the doc is in arabic.... but I've deleted out all 2015 races and started the new one off with my 2 race plans.

I hope for me that once my exam is out of the way I can find the mojo to get me out running again, with a race in 30 days time it should be enough of an incentive and one at the end of the year which I am super excited about should keep the focus going.

I will take this opportunity to thank you for your contribution in 2015 (and further back) and look forward to a good old chinwag again this year.

Happy New Year to you all, hope its a happy, healthy, mile pounding, prosperous and all round fabulous 2016.
Dec 2015
1:11pm, 31 Dec 2015
13,859 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
Hi GG. Can I join in the fun this year?
Dec 2015
1:22pm, 31 Dec 2015
12,414 posts
  •  
jennywren
And me! How do I set my target?
Dec 2015
1:27pm, 31 Dec 2015
13,860 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
I've just sussed that out, JW. Go onto the *train* page and you can set targets there. If you want to change your target, delete the current one then a box will appear so you can set a revised one.
Dec 2015
1:29pm, 31 Dec 2015
7,994 posts
  •  
Hourglass
Hi GM 😄

...I'm all added and ready to go, thank you GG 😄
Dec 2015
1:32pm, 31 Dec 2015
13,861 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
Hello HG. Where the devil have you been? I've missed you!
Dec 2015
1:38pm, 31 Dec 2015
7,995 posts
  •  
Hourglass
...I've been a-lurking in the style of a couch-tatey...which does make me sound a bit stalkerish 😉...but getting back on it like a seagull on hot chips.
duo
Dec 2015
1:43pm, 31 Dec 2015
152 posts
  •  
duo
Hi! I'm in for this year.

I'll update my target tomorrow and get a few races sorted.

Thanks GG
Dec 2015
1:57pm, 31 Dec 2015
13,862 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
I've added myself to the spreadie and put in my races

About This Thread

Maintained by geordiegirl
A new thread for those who want to join us in the attempt to reach 500 miles next year.

Everyone is welcome, whether you don't want to set an official target or you may be aiming further but still want to pop by for a chat/offer some words of wisdom or just because the door is always open and kettle is on.

Target miles Link http://www.fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=500

to set your mileage:

Go to the Train tab

scroll down to where it says - annual mileage targets

there should be a little box to the right in red, click for run and add your mileage.

Race Planner Link docs.google.com

If you update the race planner after I've updated the header drop me an fmail or a reminder (or 2) on the thread so I know to update. Thanks

Big well done to our racers to date and luck to those racing this month :)

October
1st - Coniston 15k - gimmemedals
9th - Yorkshire Marathon - Duo
9th - Tring Ridgeway Run - WtnMel
23rd - Chelmsford Marathon - Surrey Phil
29th - Illuminator Run - Duo

November
20th - Brooks Brighton 10k - SurreyPhil
27th - East Midlands Airport 10k - hallucyn8

December
11th - Bovi Half - geordiegirl

Good luck everyone here's wishing everyone an injury free and healthy 2016.