Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

4:30 Marathon Thread

23 watchers
9 Feb
8:51pm, 9 Feb 2020
3466 posts
Surrey Phil
Even though they have banners up, it is still not always clear at drinks stations as to what you are getting. The Brighton Marathon volunteers are terrific but don't always call out what is water and what are sports drinks. They used to put them in different coloured cups too but I think that has stopped. You will also only get half a cup of whatever drink is there.

In recent years, I have tended to sip a Lucozade Sport at the start line and then take the rest at two mile intervals until the bottle is empty. This also eliminates the scrum at the first few drinks stations and I am able to maintain my pace.
9 Feb
9:21pm, 9 Feb 2020
32391 posts
DocM
Don't make the mistake I made on a hot day .... Pouring a cup of water over myself to then discover it was lucozade sport.
9 Feb
9:34pm, 9 Feb 2020
60 posts
tommy_b
Surrey Phil - I like your approach.

Seeing it was High5 Zero, I wasn’t sure how they’d manage it since I thought it wasn’t retailed in liquid form. Half a cup of something seems.... meh.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by DocM
4:30 is perhaps your target or there about.

If you have a race where this might be your target I'll list it here and we can all offer our support.

FenlandRunner Cambridge boundary 1st March
Surrey Phil and tommy_b Brighton 19th April
DocMoye VLM 26 April 20
🎵Egnys🎵Windermere may 20
Love Lettuce Mont St Michael 31 May 20