29-31 Days of Yoga, 2022. Renegade edition

23 watchers
Dec 2021
12:44pm, 31 Dec 2021
19,101 posts
  •  
Shark the Herald Angel
This is possibly just for me, mine all mine.

I'm all signed up for Adriene's 30 Days of Yoga: 'Move'. There's already a thread that's survived two previous incarnations (I believe I started that, too, back end 2019) I expect most Fetchies will post on there, or perhaps on the 'The Yoga Every (well, some) Days Thread'. Or somewhere else entirely. Or not at all.

HOWEVER
I reserve the right not to bother with Adriene's Day 30 if it takes its usual form of wafty music and no guidance. AND I really want to try and keep up with the day by day nature of 'Move'. Being a day out then doubling up, or shortening the odd day will be fine (if not ideal) but I'd like the real sense of achievement from 29 days of yoga contained in January.

This year there's only one session that's more than 30 minutes long - 32 to be precise, many are lots shorter. I can manage half an hour a day, I MUST be able to.

If anyone does join in here I will be posting every day about that day's session and will endeavour to give support and offer ideas to do with general and athletic fitness. GET ME!

I haven't done a new SharkieSpecial thread for a while, so this is my New Year Offer.
Dec 2021
12:47pm, 31 Dec 2021
19,102 posts
  •  
Shark the Herald Angel
PS - just cos you're my real life mates I am NOT expecting you to post here unless it suits you to try and do this every day for a month. I will not be all upset, I'm a big girl now.
Dec 2021
3:52pm, 31 Dec 2021
17,617 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I like the rebellious nature of this!
Dec 2021
4:25pm, 31 Dec 2021
2,708 posts
  •  
panad
Definitely in for this..day 30 is a no go as is for me from the start, and with the release times being shifted from 6am to 10am i’ll be at least a day behind as well 😜
Dec 2021
4:39pm, 31 Dec 2021
184 posts
  •  
GetOutTheDoor
Happy to join in - it'll be more of a challenge this year as I've had a dodgy hip. But I can manage a bit of warrior 2 now, so hopefully won't have to do too many modifications. But haven't managed a yoga class (even online) since February......
And yes, also likely to aim for earlier than 10am, so a day late.....
Jan 2022
9:31am, 1 Jan 2022
19,104 posts
  •  
Sharkie
According to Bintilicious on the other thread* 'Latest email says the daily video will go live at 5am EST (so 10am GMT)'

I need to go to the shops for organic skimmed milk and the Saturday Guardian Both musts, nails middle class Islington colours to mast - except I am neither.

Shops don't open 'til 10, so I hope to do first Adriene session around 10.30 and will then report back in.

* one of the other threads - you choose your best place to be. Don't forget this is the rebel thread. If you like to take things at your own pace then it's probably not for you, and one of the others might be a better bet.

This thread will self destruct on the 1st of February 2022. We GET ON WITH IT!
xxxxx
Jan 2022
10:12am, 1 Jan 2022
19,105 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Have now listened to the intro day. As per, Adriene just talks through what you need - and don't need - for the next 30 days. I forgive her for mini waffle today.

Do a few in and out breaths.

She 'invites' you to think what you want to move towards. That's ok, I can think about moving and movement today. I often do. This will be good, we can interpret our own way.

MUST now go to shops.
Jan 2022
10:14am, 1 Jan 2022
19,106 posts
  •  
Sharkie
And here is your first bonus.

Benji as a puppy. He was a Christmas present!

Jan 2022
10:32am, 1 Jan 2022
38,893 posts
  •  
Purps
She looks so young there!
Jan 2022
10:41am, 1 Jan 2022
83,825 posts
  •  
Hanneke
OMG Benji is gorgeous!

Right, I am in. I said to myself last night: after nearly TWO YEARS of toys out of the pram (I cannot teach because of CoVid) it is time to re-establish routines...

I am starting with just 19 minutes of Sun Salutes, every day, in week 1. In week 2 I will add pelvic clock exercises, in week 3 hamstring stretches and spinal twist. Week 4: thoracic spine stretch, static.

I will update in February...

There!

Written it down now...

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
All done! xxx

This is possibly just for me, mine all mine.

I'm all signed up for Adriene's 30 Days of Yoga: 'Move'. There's already a thread that's survived two previous incarnations (I believe I started that, too, back end 2019) I expect most Fetchies will post on there, or perhaps on the 'The Yoga Every (well, some) Days Thread'. Or somewhere else entirely. Or not at all.

HOWEVER
I reserve the right not to bother with Adriene's Day 30 if it takes its usu...

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.