24hr Relay - Advice Sought!

1 watcher
May 2016
2:03pm, 17 May 2016
26 posts
  •  
dafinchi
Afternoon fetchies. Question for those of you who have experience in the world of 24hr relays. Me and four other colleagues will be tackling the Cotswold 24hr later in July 2016. There seems be quite a few of these springing up in scenic locations across the UK, so thought this community would be a good place to get advice. Is it just a simple case of running in turn, or are there some sneaky double tactics we could employ to get that extra hour or two sleep in the night period? Any tips/tactics/logistics would be greatly appreciated.
Jun 2016
1:20pm, 9 Jun 2016
4,218 posts
  •  
Nightjar
Hi dafinchi - sorry you didn't get a reply. I've only done one of these (Thunderun) and first off I'd say check the rules. Otherwise we ran as a team of 5 in turn on the 10k laps. Worked alright but I did get to the point in the middle of the night where I couldn't face going out again. Got my head down for a couple of hours and went out and enjoyed it. There is probably nothing saying you can't do two in a row (the pairs tend to) but I reckon doing 20k stints would be detrimental to your performance overall. Hope it goes well.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by dafinchi
Afternoon fetchies. Question for those of you who have experience in the world of 24hr relays. Me an...