2 week or 3 week taper?
10:45pm, 8 Feb 2017
WeepheeI'm undecided about this. I'm not feeling as confident as I would like with my training this year. I've done 7 marathons in 3 years. This time last year I could mpleted Brighton in 3:45:37. Missed out on GFA by 27 seconds. Had good summer then just enjoyed plodding, eating and not running fast. Back on it now but undecided about my last long run. Ideally I could do with an extra 20 miler to make 3 in training.
I generally recover well and am fit and healthy. What do my fellow fetchies think? Answers on any. Postcard please xx
8:11pm, 11 Feb 2017
NessNot reached the marathon running stage. Bouncing this back to page 1 to see if the marathoners can give you advice.
Good luck with your race btw.
8:39pm, 11 Feb 2017
becca7Sorry, didn't see this originally. Since you have some experience of marathons a 2 week taper should be OK, as the training won't take so much out of you and you should benefit from an extra 20 miler. Indeed I would tend to do a 22 or 23 as a last long run. There is a sub 3:45 thread on here, although it is not the most active.
About This Thread
- marathon in 8 weeks, taper advice Apr 2017
- What's a good taper for various distances May 2018
- How to taper for 8 and half mile race May 2015
- A quick 'Week before a Race' question Apr 2015
- What pace should you run at while you e tapering? Apr 2012
- Is it normal Nov 2011
- Bit of advice please Sep 2011
- Tapering with a niggle, advice begged for. Mar 2014
- More taper advice Jan 2014
- Bit of advice on tapering for Sunday's half please Sep 2013
Buy a Fetch buff
Order now for immediate dispatch!
Join us in 2024 for a part-virtual, part-gathering endurance event to celebrate 20 years of Fetcheveryone!
See all your training overlaid on one interactive map. A great way to remember everywhere you've been
Race Listings League
Which Fetchies have done the most to make our race listings as awesome as they are?