2 man tent

3 watchers
Aug 2013
9:27am, 16 Aug 2013
2,546 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
Yes, welcome. So what is with OMM? Have they started making tents???

Just reminded me, years ago (and I do mean many years) before the Karrimor brand was "devalued", they used to make the odd tent. I think I had a tiny Karrimor Marathon tent, it was just big enough for one person but no way would you get anything else in it. I doubt it sold well.
Oct 2015
11:22am, 9 Oct 2015
16,718 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I'm rebooting this thread.

I want to go camping next year with the boy. He'll be 6. Currently I use my Vango as described on P3, which is fine for the garden, but we're planning on going in the car, so weight and size are no object. What we'd really like is something with a bit more of a porch just in case of inclement weather, and maybe something taller that we can put a couple of chairs in.

So probably more of a family tent than a two man one. Maybe a tunnel? Not too pricey, though.

Any ideas? I'm sure the missus won't ever get involved in our little camping escapades.
Oct 2015
11:38am, 9 Oct 2015
3,908 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
If you don't want to break the bank, you could do worse than a Vango Omega 350. You can get a couple of chairs in the porch if you get those low-legs sort.

Come recommended, I haven't used mine for a couple of years but me ans 't missus have survived a couple of monsoons in it.
Oct 2015
11:43am, 9 Oct 2015
16,719 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Ah, now that's not too bad. I have a 250 which is just a little small for our needs. The fact the 350 seems to have the possibility to open the porch up at one end is very handy.
Oct 2015
11:44am, 9 Oct 2015
16,720 posts
  •  
DeeGee
The 250 is perfect for me at Thunder Run, but probably too small for a weekend away with a little person.
Oct 2015
2:02pm, 9 Oct 2015
6,228 posts
  •  
lammo
I have a wild country tent and those and Terra Nova (all the same company i think) are excellent, but not cheap.

As has previously been said Vango are pretty sturdy and durable, but perhaps not as light as others.
Oct 2015
2:26pm, 9 Oct 2015
3,909 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
Wild Country and Terra Nova are indeed one and the same. The WC prices aren't too bad are they? I was thinking of getting one of their Zepheros tents.
Oct 2015
2:37pm, 9 Oct 2015
7,305 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
I upgraded to a Vango Omega 350 this year, having previously had a 3man one without the porch (can't remember the name, something 300).

It wasn't cheap cheap, but not too bad.

Glad I got it as it survived torrential rain and very high winds on Skye in the summer.

What I do need (I've since discovered) is that it would be useful to have the footprint/separate groundsheet for when it's very wet. Anyone know where I can get them - all the places I looked were out of stock.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
Im looking for a decent 2 man tent - currently have no plans to event with it, but that might change...