1st marathon in April - give me your one best tip...
2:48pm, 3 Dec 2013
CranderbyTup*sneaks off to enter secret spring marathon, then buy huge pot of vaseline and new road shoes*
8:57am, 4 Dec 2013
snow_white78Thank you all
1:34pm, 5 Dec 2013
DuncanGCarbo load from maybe Thursday evening - research it a bit - as opposed to eating a ton of pasta the night before.
And if you don't stretch much, make an exception after your runs in the last week of training. Any love that you can give your quads in this week will be repaid with interest in the last miles.
About This Thread
- best running watch for ultra marathon?
- A cold has started a few days before a marathon.... what is best?
- 5 Marathons in 5 Days
- What are the flattest / fastest marathon and half marathon courses
- Marathon on one run a week
- Marathon Pace Advice
- 68 yo first marathon looking for advice
- marathon in 8 weeks, taper advice
- 20mile races in marathon build-ups
- Which of these marathons would you chose?
The Doctor K Cup
This year sees the fifth edition of our annual challenge in memory of the Fetchies who have sadly passed away. It's named after Doctor K, who died of pancreatic cancer in 2017
Are you doing the right training?
See typical mileage, pace and long run stats for every distance and goal. See a comparison with your own training.
Heart Rate Analysis
See your heart rate training data from the last 12 months broken down in technicolour.
Flat as a pancake?
We've collected thousands of your reviews from events, and worked out which races give you the best chance of a fast time!