•  
Hills of Death (HOD)
I find I don’t snack on this
Dec 2020
3:52pm, 5 Dec 2020
556 posts
  •  
Gogsy!
I've been trying this for the past month. (Basically skipping breakfast, in my case & eating a later lunch.) The lockdown screwed up my routine and I ended up putting on a few pounds.
There are some amazing success stories on the podcast 'Delay, Don't Deny.
I'm open-minded about it but not fully convinced yet.
Dec 2020
3:59pm, 5 Dec 2020
1,918 posts
  •  
cackleberry
How do you not spend the day passing out?
Dec 2020
5:29pm, 5 Dec 2020
557 posts
  •  
Gogsy!
I would say the first week is difficult, but after that it's not an issue. In fact, I've been busy tidying the garden on some days and haven't eaten lunch until 4.

I'm not doing big mileage these days, but I can still go for a 5 mile run in the morning without noticing any difference whatsoever. (I wouldn't fancy giving up drinking coffee at the same time at the same time as fasting, though.)

(My Psychologist daughter informs me that there is evidence that many people will binge-eat during their window. I can see how that happens and have tried to avoid it.)
Dec 2020
8:54am, 6 Dec 2020
21,002 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Weekends I get up later and regularly don’t have breakfast

We always eat tea at 6
My typical working day sees me having breakfast 8:30-9 having done some exercise

So even then I “fast” for 14-15 hours meaning my eating window is still 8 hours
I was very much brought up on 3 meals a day regardless

I do need to lose weight but eating this way without thinking about it has made no difference I guess the idea is to eat a bigger breakfast and then 1 other meal!
Dec 2020
11:10am, 6 Dec 2020
35,255 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
I’ve lost 6lb by eating my breakfast at 9-10 and last meal 6pm. The other big change with this when I want to snack I drink water or peppermint tea. So snacking was a big issue for me
Dec 2020
11:14am, 6 Dec 2020
21,018 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I've stopped snacking whilst WFH
Just need to reduce food or skip s meal I guess!
Dec 2020
11:20am, 6 Dec 2020
35,256 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
I found I put weight on when IM training 🤷🏻‍♂️
Feb 2021
11:07am, 1 Feb 2021
478 posts
  •  
Mascott
Find when I am 'on it' losing weight, I tend to follow this approach reasonably closely anyway, so I am thinking of cementing it into my diet.

Avoid breakfast - Oat Milk in a couple of teas.
Lunch - planning for Soup and one/two rolls, depending on exercise.

Normal dinner

Avoid snacks- thats the downfall- Ive been in Christmas mode and need to rely on the family to munch their way through the copious stuff we have!
Feb 2021
12:32pm, 1 Feb 2021
35,395 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
I’ve lost nearly a stone doing this since November

About This Thread

Maintained by Hills of Death (HOD)
Anyone tried this for weight management or to drop some poundage. Sounds temping 🤔