1000 miles in 2024

51 watchers
Par by the end of today is 304.1
May 2022
3:24pm, 22 May 2022
7,712 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Apologies for not responding to your above posts, but I had a heavy fall during this mornings forest run and feeling the worst for wear, aching all over, with cuts and bruises. I won't be running for a few days which is frustrating, as my pace has been returning ☹️
May 2022
4:24pm, 22 May 2022
5,318 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Oh no hillstrider, heal quickly and I suppose it's too late to say it but take care.
May 2022
6:57pm, 22 May 2022
7,716 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks FF, I suppose it must have been a momentary lack of concentration, as I've run on that path many times.
May 2022
6:40am, 23 May 2022
2,470 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Oh no sorry to hear this HS I hope you’ve not done too much damage and heal quickly.
Sending you a virtual hug and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
May 2022
7:26am, 23 May 2022
7,719 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks LL, I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself, but trying to be positive. It's a miracle that I didn't break any bones. I was "off the beaten track", by myself, and without my phone, so I could have laid there for ages until I was found. ☹️
May 2022
7:35am, 23 May 2022
2,471 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
You were “lucky” HS. You know what I mean. I’m terrible I never bring my phone when I’m running. Rest up and don’t worry about losing that pace you’ll be back.
May 2022
8:52am, 23 May 2022
5,318 posts
  •  
steve45
What a pace for intervals Evangel! Great efforts. Cardiff isn't hilly but generally flat...thus the Cardiff Half always advertised as "flat". It's on the coastal belt, got a few, useful (!) steep hills and plenty of undulating miles.
Sounds a nasty fall there hs, being off the beaten track too...a lesson there...take your phone when going away from civilisation! ALWAYS carry ID though wherever. Hope you're back out again soon.
Road run again today, four miles odd was nice in early morning calm.
May 2022
9:02am, 23 May 2022
18,030 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
So much going on with everyone well done and healing vibes sent your way hs I hope you’re not too badly hurt.

I managed 5m yesterday and back on coaching plan with now less than 4 weeks to the big day. I would rather not have lost 2 weeks training but I’m still confident I will get round.

On pain in runs when we did the 100k last year I kept getting niggles that moved around the worst by far coming from a huge blister on ball of my foot (thanks to having soaking wet feet all day) I remembered listening to a podcast where an ultra runner said your body will complain to try to get you to stop, you have to keep ignoring it (unless it is an injury of course) and eventually it will shut up and get the job done. This exact thing happened with the blister I slowed to a hobble for a couple of miles then suddenly the pain went away and I could carry on running. It never bothered me again even afterwards.

Rubbish nights sleep waking at 3.20 and struggling to get back to sleep I opted to run after work today.
May 2022
10:27am, 23 May 2022
7,721 posts
  •  
hillstrider
LL, yes I was lucky because things could have been so much worse. I think that if I had been carrying my phone, it would have got smashed, as I would have been carrying it in my right hand, which was first to hit the ground.

Well done Evangel for your intervals.

I take your point Steve about always carrying a phone when running solo etc, but as I mentioned in my reply to LL, it would probably have been smashed. Thanks, I hope it won't be too long before I start running again. Well done for another road 4 miler.

Thanks GG, I wasn't badly hurt, but enough to stop me running for a few days. Well done for yesterdays run, and good that you are back on your coaching plan. All the best for your big day in 4 weeks. Your comments re last years 100k prove the point that you can ignore what your brain is trying to tell you, and carry on. Sorry to hear that you had a bad night's sleep, and hope your run after work will go well.

Obviously I have no run to report on, and am wondering whether I will be able to do the farmers walk tomorrow. A good friend of mine has offered to do my shopping for me, but I said I would see how I felt after hopefully doing a walk today.
May 2022
10:46am, 23 May 2022
18,031 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
You can get things to carry your phone hs, arm bands or a waist pack or a lot of leggings/shirts have pockets too. I also have a tab fastened to my watch strap with emergency contact info, with being allergic to anaesthetic it’s vitally important and this is perfect.

They are an American company but shipping is really quick and the product is spot on. roadid.com

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000