52 watchers
Par by the end of today is 315.1
May 2022
11:07am, 21 May 2022
5,312 posts
  •  
steve45
Cheers FF.
Great morning again out there and another four keeps me on target for the year!!
Yes, going off too fast is a factor in races hs. My best ever 10k I remember well---very many years ago, I deliberately stayed at almost the back of the field for the first half mile and then wound it up to do 37 minutes odd. Those were the days.
Depends what and where pain is I guess; if it's an injury type pain then a rational decision has to be made (somehow!) as to whether it's potentially serious and could result in a period of time off; if it's just bloody discomfort re breathing and HR or tiredness then I guess you can push through provided that one is in good enough health to do that. Right now I couldn't do that and would be foolish to get into oxygen debt etc!
Another four this morning including a very steep hill plodded at to HRM and not exceeding 130bpm.
May 2022
11:56am, 21 May 2022
7,702 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Good luck FF when ignoring the pain in your next parkrun, or race!

Glad to hear that you are still on target Steve.

In my sub six minute miling days, I always went out hard, and endeavoured to maintain the pace. Nowadays, I nearly always do negative splits, with the final mile/k being the quickest.

Your hilly run this morning sounded positive with your hr not exceeding 130bpm.

This morning was a solo interval session on grass. It comprised 3 sets of 4 x 400 metres with 60 seconds recoveries, and 2 minutes between sets. My 3rd set was the quickest, with the last 400 in 1.52, 7.34 minute miling.

My average hr during the set was 134, and max 149.
May 2022
10:59pm, 21 May 2022
936 posts
  •  
Turkhish
Well done Steve on your 4 miles with the hill and like your interval session HS, went for a 4 miler after work today with 4 x 3min bursts included at about 80% effort.
hope you all enjoy your Sunday runs
May 2022
11:36am, 22 May 2022
5,314 posts
  •  
steve45
Thanks hs and Turkhish...have to clarify though that keeping my HR at 130 meant I was going so slowly at a pace I could be ashamed of๐Ÿ˜‚ , even had to walk. It is a brute of a hill, the longest and steepest this side of Cardiff city. It's a half mile long but I only did a half way up!

No run today but wish I had on such a fantastic morning, no need to push my luck.
May 2022
11:37am, 22 May 2022
5,315 posts
  •  
steve45
Your intervals and bursts Turkhish and hs were top notch.
May 2022
11:52am, 22 May 2022
937 posts
  •  
Turkhish
Cheers Steve..sounds very tough that hill..to my shame i have never been to Cardiff, so have no idea of the topography of the city, in my ignorance I have always imagined it to be quite hilly?

Just over 9 miles today with the Sunday running group half decent pace over a reasonably hilly route some of which I had never run before, mostly XC with a couple of short road stretches.
May 2022
12:25pm, 22 May 2022
5,307 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
17 miles this morning after yesterdays 11 mile 'race'. My legs started aching after 14 miles. HR strap didn't work this morning, changed the battery since I got home, it works now.
May 2022
12:26pm, 22 May 2022
5,308 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Sounds like a nice run with company this morning Turkhish.
May 2022
2:09pm, 22 May 2022
3,438 posts
  •  
Evangel
The only time I have visited Cardiff was for the Big Fetch Mile at the indoor running track about 4 or 5 years ago. Generally I like to keep away from cities and big towns - being a country boy!

I also did some intervals yesterday on the Swansea Valley cycleway - a set of 4 reps of 400m. in average time of 2:01. No, I'm not exactly a threat to those aiming for a place in the Commonwealth Games team - they'd run 800m. in less time!!
May 2022
2:15pm, 22 May 2022
5,313 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Maybe not a threat Evangel but a lot faster than many younger than you.

Well done everyone for the interval training. I'm looking forward to doing some when the marathon and recovery period is over.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000