1000 miles in 2024

51 watchers
Par by the end of today is 301.4
Sep 2021
1:00pm, 25 Sep 2021
1,490 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
4 second intervals sound like my cup of tea.

We sometimes do surges for the last 15 seconds of a mile. Did a parkrun this morning not too good as still not feeling great.
Well done everyone.
Sep 2021
2:23pm, 25 Sep 2021
6,424 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done LL for doing a parkrun this morning, despite not feeling 100%. Hopefully you will start a new week feeling much better. I always aim to finish races of any distance with a sprint, but this probably won't happen in our virtual Marathon as we plan to finish together.
Sep 2021
10:39am, 26 Sep 2021
6,426 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Probably last of the hot/warm days today. It was quite humid during this morning's run, and I ran 3 miles on roads. 1 mile easy, 1 mile steady, 1 mile easy.
Sep 2021
12:16pm, 26 Sep 2021
4,820 posts
  •  
steve45
Felt fine with no issues after my jab on Friday but was cautious and only did a run/walk this morning which I enjoyed! 5k and happy enough with that even though I would rather have run with no walk. The weather was absolutely perfect and great for the 10k event in Cardiff this morning--no wind and no rain and a pleasant 15-20 c.
Sep 2021
9:27am, 27 Sep 2021
4,823 posts
  •  
steve45
Weather change!
Puddles back on the trails already, it doesn't take much rain to alter the terrain.
A five miler this morning, quite nice setting off in the dark!
Sep 2021
11:35am, 27 Sep 2021
6,427 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Glad that you had no apparent after effects from your Jab Steve, but you were right to be cautious. I'm still waiting for a text from my Surgery for an appointment for mine. They advised that they were having problems with deliveries.

It rained heavily during the night and it was very windy this morning. I ran an easy pace 5.52 miles in the forest, and there was lots of mud and puddles. One of the runners that was going to do the virtual marathon on Sunday, has pulled a calf muscle, and had to walk back this morning. There will, therefore be just the 2 of us. I have the course on my Garmin, so no problem. My other buddy who I have been training with, is still doing the actual London Marathon. She is very confident having run well in the recent Bristol Half Marathon.
Sep 2021
1:58pm, 27 Sep 2021
1,495 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Well done HS and Steve I did 4 yesterday felt awful still not right. Having a rest day today.

Hopefully back to plan Tuesday 🤞
Sep 2021
4:14pm, 27 Sep 2021
6,428 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks LL, sorry to hear that you are still not feeling 100%. Hope you will be feeling better for tomorrow's run.
Sep 2021
8:41am, 28 Sep 2021
4,825 posts
  •  
steve45
What a bummer for your friend hs, glad that you do still have a team of two though!
What's " not right" LL? Under the weather generally...but heck, you're still plugging away but a rest day sounds the right thing to pursue. Maybe more!
Five miler with my wife this morning, starting off in the dark which we like and getting to our trails just as it gets light enough. I run better with her !
Sep 2021
10:35am, 28 Sep 2021
1,498 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Running with company is always a nice distraction for me too.
Steve I think flogging a dead horse is probably the problem. Not really recovered not taking my own advice and running when I shouldn’t.

Did my 4 mile intervals this morning although tougher than it should wasn’t completely awf 🤣

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000