1000 miles in 2024

8 lurkers | 51 watchers
Par by the end of today is 243.8
Sep 2021
1:34pm, 22 Sep 2021
1,484 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
I am envious of the perfect weather and all your efforts. I can only look on at the moment. Tomorrow will be a week since my last run and think the last time I didn't run for a week was in Dec 19 when I fell and broke my arm.
Hoping I can get out soon. Typical to happen as soon as I was training for something. Hope you recover soon too Lesley.
Sep 2021
9:54am, 23 Sep 2021
4,813 posts
  •  
steve45
A week off won't harm your overall fitness LL and I'm sure you'll bounce back easily thanks to your solid base.
"Phew" of course to your fast session hs. I did my 5x 400 intervals again today, same pace and recovery as last week. Think though that 300s might be more realistic in terms of where I am currently.
Weather has changed here LL ! Cloudy and windy this morning but ok for running.
Sep 2021
11:04am, 23 Sep 2021
6,419 posts
  •  
hillstrider
You won't lose any fitness LL with a week off,as Steve said. You will come back refreshed.

Well done Steve for your 5 x 400 metre intervals.

This morning was an easy pace 3 mile road run, in accordance with the marathon tapering schedule.
Sep 2021
8:27am, 24 Sep 2021
4,815 posts
  •  
steve45
What marathon are you doing hs?

5k. Weather and conditions back to being superb here! Only just light enough to run on trails now when I leave the house at about 6.30 am.
Sep 2021
10:41am, 24 Sep 2021
6,420 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Steve, I'm doing the virtual London Marathon in the New Forest with one of my running buddies, and the other is doing the actual London Marathon. We have been following a 16 week training schedule. We are not setting a time target for the forest marathon, but Sarah who will be running in London hopes to go sub 5 hours.

Well done for another trail 5k.

We can hardly believe that our marathons are a week on Sunday. The 16 weeks seem to have flown by. Today is a rest day.
Sep 2021
10:54am, 24 Sep 2021
1,488 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
It sure has gone quickly. I did a half marathon yesterday….it was on my bike 😉
Did an easy 4 today. Not as easy as it should have been but it’s a start. First run for 8 days.
I’m going to write off this weeks plan and start next week.
Sep 2021
11:50am, 24 Sep 2021
6,421 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done LL cycling and starting running again! Good luck with the start of "your comeback" next week 🏃‍♀️
Sep 2021
11:33am, 25 Sep 2021
4,818 posts
  •  
steve45
A long run day off today after my covid booster yesterday. Other than the usual achy arm I feel ok but I don't want to give my body too much to deal with after a vacs. Bit envious of my wife having gone out and done 14 miles..arghhh!
Comeback soon then LL; you've still got a good few weeks until the half and that's plenty of time to consolidate everything you've done.
I was reading yesterday something about Four Second Intervals ! You've all probably read it before because it isn't exactly new but Runners World (U.S.) carried an article on it again this month : find a gentle slope and after an easy warm up start the session! Four seconds UP and walk back down for fifteen seconds. Repeat x30 !! The evidence for improvement in all areas has been documented and comes out at over 10% improvement all round! Now that's what I call something I could tolerate!! Might try it!!
Sep 2021
11:33am, 25 Sep 2021
6,422 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Tapering continuing, ran 3.35 miles on road this morning comprising warm up, 20 minutes at Marathon pace, warm down.
Sep 2021
11:44am, 25 Sep 2021
6,423 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Your post "popped up" Steve after I had started posting. Very sensible to give running a rest for a couple of days after your booster.

Those very short efforts are similar to the HIITS we did when I attended Spinning Sessions. I've never tried the 4 second efforts running though. I doubt whether any variation of my training could result in a 10% improvement 😂

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000