•  
Looby Loo
Well done everyone and thanks.
Sep 2021
9:37pm, 20 Sep 2021
3,383 posts
  •  
Evangel
Lesley & LL, I do hope you soon recover from your coughs and colds and things. Steve, I hope you feel better soon. Perhaps you pushed yourself too much with your long run at the weekend.

I did a run of 5.50 miles today along one of our cycleways. It felt OK, and it brought me up to 1000 MILES for 2021; it was probably the earliest date I've reached that for some years. I shall give myself an extra day off tomorrow, and wifey and I with our 18 year old granddaughter will be doing another walk on the Gower coastal path.
Sep 2021
10:07am, 21 Sep 2021
4,808 posts
  •  
steve45
I feel ok again today thanks folks. I know you're right about pushing myself a bit too much on that longer run Evangel even though the pace was "easy" . Should've made it shorter when I knew I wasn't feeling ace!
Fantastic that you've hit the 1,000. Well done, I'm a bit envious!! I'll be about two weeks later getting there this year than last....unless there's a miracle!
Your forest runs do sound wonderful hs. How fast can the two year old go?😂!!
Five miles this morning in still superb weather here.
Sep 2021
10:12am, 21 Sep 2021
16,158 posts
  •  
MarkyMarkMark (3M)
Well done Evangel!
Enjoy your family walk. :-)
Sep 2021
10:37am, 21 Sep 2021
6,416 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done Evangel for reaching 1000 miles, with many weeks still to go.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better today Steve, and well done for your 5 miles this morning.

The two year old hasn't had her running pace measured yet😂 but had been to ballet before the meet up. Its good that many of our club members children have taken after their parents and run. Unfortunately neither my son or daughter run.

Today is a rest day, but I have a dental appointment this afternoon, so I'm looking forward to that ☹
Sep 2021
11:18am, 21 Sep 2021
3,407 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Hope you're feeling better soon 3M.
Sep 2021
3:45pm, 21 Sep 2021
2,487 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Well done Evangel!

Still not running for me, will try later on. I most definitely caught it from the wee man HS.

My 2 year old runs everywhere, he doesn't walk. I would like him to run when hes older, we shall see.
Sep 2021
4:30pm, 21 Sep 2021
6,417 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Hope you are "soon back on the road" Lesley.

I'm sure Rosie will take after her mother who has run many marathons. The other person has 5 year old twins, a boy and girl and she takes them to junior parkrun which they love.
Sep 2021
9:21am, 22 Sep 2021
4,811 posts
  •  
steve45
Good to see you keeping an eye here FF. Hope the training restarts soon.
Neither my son or daughter run either hs even though they were conditioned (😂) by watching me finishing races when they were nippers! They cycle instead.
Hope you managed a bit of a trot Lesley.
With my booster covid jab on Friday I now have my flu jab a week later; a pity because I always take a day off running after vaccinations so I'll miss a few miles.
The mist was quite thick over fields and river trails this morning. 5k was ok.
Sep 2021
11:24am, 22 Sep 2021
6,418 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I've contacted my Dr's surgery Steve, re flu and booster Covid jabs, and they will text me when appointments are available. They are hoping to do both at the same time if possible. It probably won't be possible to combine mine, as 6 months from my second Jab won't be until October.

Well done for your 5k in thick mist.

It's bright and sunny here and we ran 5.23 miles in the forest, which included 5 x 60 seconds hard with 60 second recoveries. My fastest 60 seconds was the 5th, average 7.31 minute miling.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000