1000 miles in 2024

1 lurker | 52 watchers
Par by the end of today is 317.8
Sep 2021
11:29am, 16 Sep 2021
6,408 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Glad you enjoyed your holiday GG, it sounded like quite an adventure! Well done for your 1100, your highest to date, and plenty more weeks to go!

Good luck with your 25th Half Marathon LL, I'm sure that you will do well.

I class my twice weekly walk with 4 bags of heavy shopping as cross training Steve. Thanks, we were all pleased with our intervals, so soon after Monday's LSD run.

Glad to hear that you have commenced 400 metre reps, I'm sure that you will feel the benefit.

Today, in accordance with our Marathon training schedule, I ran at an easy pace for 40 minutes.
Sep 2021
8:39am, 17 Sep 2021
4,801 posts
  •  
steve45
I like that principle of cross training hs. Makes good sense, we indulge ( if that's the right word) in that twice a week too. I think that during the lockdown I did lose some overall strength because the shopping jaunts stopped.
Surprised to be offered my covid booster jab appointment yesterday, just have to arrange now.
Short run this morning in what are superb weather conditions again.
Sep 2021
10:47am, 17 Sep 2021
6,409 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I'm surprised that you are one of the first to be offered a booster jab Steve. I haven't been contacted yet, but being not far off 76, shouldn't be long.

Today is a rest day, and I tried to walk a bit quicker with my 4 bags of heavy shopping. Hoping this will help my stamina.
Sep 2021
3:28pm, 17 Sep 2021
3,382 posts
  •  
Evangel
HS, you need your own shopping trolley, or just borrow the supermarket one for a few days.

Steve, I haven't been offered my booster yet and I'm a similar age to HS, but we're in a wilder part of Wales than you and post has to be brought up here by mule or yak.
Sep 2021
3:40pm, 17 Sep 2021
6,410 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I've just checked and my second jab was mid April, so I don't suppose I will get mine until October, as I believe there has to be a 6 month gap.
Sep 2021
4:28pm, 17 Sep 2021
15,588 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Great news on the boosters guys! Every extra protection gratefully received.

22.5 today last long run before Loch Ness in 2 weeks. Now to rest recover and decide which trainers the merrells are too thin for that distance on road it appears.
Sep 2021
9:45am, 18 Sep 2021
4,802 posts
  •  
steve45
I had my second jab on 23rd March, my booster is booked for 24th September just about six months after my second. I guess it's because we have three mass vaccination centres. My wife will be offered hers soon I think being a front line worker.
😂..not that wild down there Evangel!! Let's call it more rural whereas it's urbanised concrete covering too much of these parts.
Nine miles this morning and good to see the hundreds of cyclists heading out on the 100 mile Cardiff to Tenby as I was finishing.
Sep 2021
9:48am, 18 Sep 2021
4,803 posts
  •  
steve45
Oh.... wow gg... that's a teriffic run there perfectly timed ready for your marathon. Decisions on trainers are so important too, I'm sure you'll make the right choice.
Sep 2021
10:35am, 18 Sep 2021
15,594 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Thanks Steve. I & my right foot (bunion) prefer vibrams they’re light like a 2nd skin. But the bottom of my feet get tired on tarmac over that distance.

The merrells are like vibrams light k flexible but I can put an extra insole in but this still made my feet tired as not quite enough cushioning. I think it will be my blue invo8 the new ones I had for the ultra split so they replaced them despite being same size they’re too small.

Oh for the days when my feet never complained although the rest of my legs did then 😂
Sep 2021
11:56am, 18 Sep 2021
6,411 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done GG for your 22.5 mile pre marathon run. Ensure that you wear trainers that "have been broken in."

Steve, our local Leisure Centre, a 5 minute walk from home has been doing all the first and second jabs so presumably will also be doing the boosters.

Well done for your 9 miles, your training is coming on well.

This morning was 5.73 miles in the forest, which comprised warm up, steady, tempo, faster and warm down. The steady, tempo and faster were all 10 minutes with no recoveries in between.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000