1000 miles in 2024

3 lurkers | 52 watchers
Par by the end of today is 317.8
Apr 2021
1:44pm, 19 Apr 2021
4,532 posts
  •  
steve45
The weekend weather looks pretty good, at least here, Lorraine. Twenty miles in good conditions is what the runner ordered!
Zippy five there hillstrider, glad the jab didn't seem to cut your stride!
Only a token mile for me this morning because of early appointments. And once the morning is over my trainers are put to sleep for the rest of the day! Just can't get into afternoon or evening running.
Apr 2021
3:50pm, 19 Apr 2021
1,644 posts
  •  
Lorraine
I should add itโ€™s a real event ๐Ÿ˜€
Apr 2021
4:00pm, 19 Apr 2021
6,195 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Is it an off roader Lorraine?
Apr 2021
6:12pm, 19 Apr 2021
1,056 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Well done HS nice WAVA

Good luck Lorraine hope the weather is kind to you. Iโ€™ll look forward to your race report.
RFJ
Apr 2021
6:45pm, 19 Apr 2021
4,523 posts
  •  
RFJ
Hi all, sorry not been around much, back to work last week, so I am pretty tired and not surprisingly my training has dropped of as I juggle fatigue and motivation.

Take care all
Apr 2021
7:30pm, 19 Apr 2021
49 posts
  •  
dobbers
Had to get out this evening to enjoy the warm sunshine. Managed 7 miles but pretty bushed now waiting for tea to cook in the oven. Did a trail route but ground is rock hard with the lack of rain in these parts.
Apr 2021
9:58pm, 19 Apr 2021
3,340 posts
  •  
Evangel
HS, well done on your great performance and WAVA. I'm sure you feel frustrated at being so close to 70%, and 1 second would probably have done it! However, enjoy your achievement.

RFJ, it's great that you are accomplishing so much anyway. Perhaps rest is the most important ingredient at the moment, so maybe reduce the volume and frequency of training, until your body and mind get more used to a busier week.
Apr 2021
8:54am, 20 Apr 2021
4,535 posts
  •  
steve45
Heck RFJ, if you can do as much exercise/training as you're doing while juggling fatigue and motivation that exercise bike will be worn out when the juggling balances out! Some serious bike miles there which would certainly crease me!
๐Ÿ˜‚ Rock hard ground...same here bonners but rather that than when the trails were constantly water logged!
Apr 2021
2:46pm, 20 Apr 2021
6,196 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Steve, LL and Evangel. I ran with a club mate who had his garmin set for miles and mine for K's. Working together, we kept up a very consistent pace, and the final mile was the quickest.

RFJ, it's amazing what you have ben achieving, and perhaps easing back a bit, might help.

The forest terrain is also rock hard, and many of the trails have been churned up by tree loggers lorry wheels, leaving deep ruts and potholes etc. It does make running very hard over the uneven ground. Unlike Steve, I think I prefer the mud, to the hard clay.

Today is a rest day, and tomorrow a structured hill session.
Apr 2021
3:52pm, 20 Apr 2021
14,986 posts
  •  
MarkyMarkMark (3M)
Well done HS.

Seems we're headed for an even longer spell with less precipitation for a few weeks. So give it a few weeks, the peaks and ridges will have crumbled and worn away a bit with all the fair weather trail users out there.

RFJ, as others have said, you've been racking up loads of cycling miles - I couldn't keep that up without a break. Throw in work and the rest of your life, you're definitely putting in a pretty significant effort! Be kind to yourself. :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000