2 lurkers | 52 watchers
Par by the end of today is 312.3
Apr 2021
10:34am, 5 Apr 2021
4,488 posts
  •  
steve45
Good running Looby Loo and dobbers.
Chilling wind here in South East Wales and saw no other runners at all this morning which makes a change!

Furthest run (7.1) for me since August last year, anticipating the forecast icy blast for the next few days and I don't enjoy wintry runs!
Apr 2021
11:02am, 5 Apr 2021
14,264 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Hi all as rubbish as ever at keeping up with all these threads. Did a run with a spectacular free fall yesterday thankfully avoiding a full face plant but noticed I’m almost at 400m for the year (398.5) I know if I’d realised that before I went out I’d have done an extra 1.5m 😂 I may go out later or I may rest my legs for a long one tomorrow (we get Tuesday off instead of Good Friday)

Happy Easter running all.
Apr 2021
2:02pm, 5 Apr 2021
6,168 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done dobbers, geordiegirl and Steve.

Good that you ran your furthest since last August, this morning Steve

I ran 14.42 miles this morning in the forest, which included warm up and warm down. The main run was sort of orienting, endeavouring to complete the challenge by the shortest course. We completed it in 12.66 miles. It was very tough, navigating and battling a very strong icy wind. The terrain wasn't very friendly either, very rutted and hilly.
Apr 2021
9:08am, 6 Apr 2021
4,492 posts
  •  
steve45
What a great run that 12.66 hillstrider. Puts variety and using the brain into the whole thing! Damn the icy wind though!!
Glorious sunshine 🌞 here this early morning and a gentler wind than yesterday so added another five to my tally.
Apr 2021
9:12am, 6 Apr 2021
2,299 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Hey everyone, been a little quiet. Getting some miles done, some on my own and some with the buggy. Hoping the snow melts a bit before heading out later. It felt like summer on Saturday ☹️.

Some good running/cycling from you all. Well done! Hoping Gromit isn't out for too long.

I joined the Castle Challenge just for fun, doubt I will be racing this year anyway.
Apr 2021
11:45am, 6 Apr 2021
14,852 posts
  •  
MarkyMarkMark (3M)
Gloriously bright and sunny here this morning, but there is ice in the bucket in the garden! And I think there was ice in the wind too - my eyes were watering as it funneled around the edges of my glasses!

Looking at pics from my niece in Slovakia - they have deep, deep snow today!
Apr 2021
12:32pm, 6 Apr 2021
1,641 posts
  •  
Lorraine
GG I hope you are ok.

Good Friday was spent running 15 plus 1500ft of elevation around Salisbury Plain with a group of friends. I hadn’t realised how much I have missed running with friends, it was wonderful.

Hope everyone had a good Easter.
Apr 2021
7:10pm, 6 Apr 2021
6,170 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Steve, it was hard work battling an icy headwind most of the way.

Sounds like you had a pleasant run this morning.

We haven't had any snow here in the New Forest Region Lesley.

That Castle Challenge sounds interesting.

Marky, bright and sunny here too, but still very cold.

Lorraine, that sounds like a really rewarding long run with your friends. I've done a lot of races in Salisbury over the years. The 10 mile, the 54321, the Race for Men etc. I presume that you race, in normal circumstances?

Today was a rest day, and tomorrow is an out and back speed session.
Apr 2021
7:30pm, 6 Apr 2021
14,275 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Hill strider that sounded fun well done. I’d be lost my orienteering switch is broken.

Lorraine I’m ok thanks

I went out for a long run today (we’re get Tuesday off instead of GF) and hubby was at work I decided to do a marathon well 26.5 as I had to round up.

Horrendous headwind, snow showers & it was Baltic but I did it. I felt great although my feet were tiring (I wear vibrams) so either a lot more building up needed or I’ll swap at mid way on the ultra.

I was quite emotional, my first mara distance training run and other than my mum joining me for 5m it was solo.

Earned me a carphilly badge on the castles challenge and top 20 place (at the time of loading my run) too 😃
Apr 2021
10:58pm, 6 Apr 2021
3,332 posts
  •  
Evangel
I ran 4 miles this morning; it was quite interesting as I had plenty of weather - first 10 minutes snowing, then it cleared to pleasant sunshine before finishing off with 5 minutes of hailstones! Then this afternoon I had a long drive to get my 2nd Covid injection. So I shall take tomorrow as a rest day, and if I'm Ok on Thursday, then I'll run then instead.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000