1000 miles in 2024

2 lurkers | 51 watchers
Par by the end of today is 243.8
28 Mar
3:13pm, 28 Mar 2024
14,809 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done for this mornings 4.3 miles on roads this morning Steve.

Terrible weather here. Heavy rain and very strong winds.

I had my routine eye test this morning, which is every two years. and was told that I had Blepharitis. This is to put it simply, crusty eyelashes. I will have to wear a moist heat mask for 10 minutes each morning, and then wipe with a Blepha Wipe. I also have to have new glasses. This can happen at any age, but is more common in people over 50.

I didn't run today, which is just as well, considering the weather.
duo
28 Mar
6:36pm, 28 Mar 2024
491 posts
  •  
duo
Glad to hear you finally got your letter and there's something you can work with.

I hear you Lesley. I'm in Inverclyde and we should be having mild wet weather which is a pain but we've been having 40mph gusts and -5 windchill. My running motivation has been on the floor but you have to keep chugging along.

This jet stream covering the UK should be moving north soon. Onwards and upwards to better weather.
8:55am
8:55am, 29 Mar 2024
6,789 posts
  •  
steve45
I'd never heard of blepharitis hs, good that you can ease the issue, hope it clears up. Sounds a bit like conjunctivitis.
We didn't have strong winds here yesterday and this morning was/is glorious, the nicest morning for a long time. I did another 4.3 miles keeping an eye on my HR. Getting to a max of 130bpm and "feeling it" and being very much enough continues to be the issue. A good outcome if I take up the recommendation of medical intervention would be being able to run steadily/ continuously with my HR at 140. A long way off!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000