BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

1000 miles in 2021

42 watchers
10 Apr
10:33am, 10 Apr 2021
4506 posts
steve45
Somewhat like my wife RFJ who only went back to work last week after having fallen and broken her elbow Christmas week while out running.
Pushing the pace hillstrider?🤣 ! ! Indeed I feel more confident for sure, but there's pace and my pace🤣! Another 7.5 this chilly morning to heart rate monitor. There's a lot to be working on!!
10 Apr
12:34pm, 10 Apr 2021
6181 posts
hillstrider
Good that you are feeling more confident now Steve since your ECG. You may find that your pace increases accordingly. My pace nowadays is what once would have been recovery pace. Having said that, it's all relative, and I now take more notice of my WAVA'S than times.
10 Apr
9:40pm, 10 Apr 2021
1028 posts
Looby Loo
Glad your ticker is ok Steve and good news Mrs is back in the game.

Hillstrider I too just focus on increasing my WAVA but I have notions of a 5k pb.
The only benefit of getting older is as I maintain my running the WAVA goes up 🤣
10 Apr
10:50pm, 10 Apr 2021
2307 posts
Lesley C
It doesn't seem that long ago that I was expecting, he will soon be two that's crazy.

Glad things are ok Steve for both of you.

10 miles this afternoon, it was cold and I had quite a bit if hail along the way. Apart from feeling cold it was a good run. Past the first castle in the castle challenge too 🙂.
11 Apr
9:39am, 11 Apr 2021
1031 posts
Looby Loo
I felt like that Lesley now I feel the same about my grandchildren. 😆
11 Apr
9:48am, 11 Apr 2021
4511 posts
steve45
My wife is back in the game and signed up for the Hope24 hour again in July. She's done it twice before but I wasn't banking on her getting back to silly miles after her hip replacement two years ago. Not my cup of tea...or I should say "not what I could do".

Pleased with my efforts this week and except for a one off last July, 33 miles is my highest since January 2017.
Still 0c this morning at start of run.
11 Apr
9:55am, 11 Apr 2021
14338 posts
geordiegirl
Hope GS is ok Ev and you’re feeling better.

Good news on ECG Steve & good luck back at work RFJ.

So I started my running week with a marathon and finished with a half! A few extra in between and finished the week on 50m! Brings me to 448 for the year.

Having a rest day today we’ll have a nice walk later in meantime better do some housework.
11 Apr
11:54am, 11 Apr 2021
6183 posts
hillstrider
Great mileage everyone especially Geordiegirl, 50 miles for the week is impressive.

I ran a hilly 10k road run this morning with a running friend who is getting back into running now that her second child is a bit older. She hasn't lost much of her speed, and we ran it 5 minutes quicker than I have run it this year. This brings my mileage for the week to 37.
11 Apr
1:42pm, 11 Apr 2021
1033 posts
Looby Loo
Wow GG never done a marathon distance training run 😱
11 Apr
5:31pm, 11 Apr 2021
14340 posts
geordiegirl
Thanks hillstrider

My first too Loo I am aiming for one more plus a 30m in next few weeks then that will be it before the big race.

I am absolutely starving today I think the accumulation from the week has caught up with me 😂

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000