1000 miles in 2022

39 watchers
3 Oct
2:14pm, 3 Oct 2022
6,994 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Thanks GG and Lesley. I'm very pleased with it considering the lack of racing and speedwork.
3 Oct
2:28pm, 3 Oct 2022
9,000 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Great running everyone, especially FF with that excellent 10k result.

I had my best run for a while this morning with the Monday Group. It was 11.3 miles in the muddy forest. A large portion of the run was over last years virtual London Marathon course. I'm hoping this is the start "of a comeback!"😁
4 Oct
8:51am, 4 Oct 2022
5,716 posts
  •  
steve45
Sounds like you've already "come back" hs, what a good distance and on mud too.
And good to see your furthest distance for several weeks clocked up LL. Although 6.47 would be so frustrating for me....and gg!

Great distance there for you too Lesley; statins I guess won't actually help my current sloth but should reduce the risk of a heart attack over the next decade--- what a b***** thought.
We've spoken about waterproof things here before haven't we? I've never been happy with any in all my 42 years running. My Ron Hill one was/ is quite disappointing; I have an old "banger" which cost twenty quid and is as useful as the expensive ones I've had!
Dutch the daytime fizz gg! As a former social worker/counsellor with people having difficulties with alcohol...( I won't say any more kill joy stuff .!)
Just 5k in the dark this morning on roads. Intended further but was a bit of a frustrating struggle at times.
4 Oct
8:52am, 4 Oct 2022
5,717 posts
  •  
steve45
Of course I meant "ditch the daytime fizz"....
4 Oct
10:20am, 4 Oct 2022
9,009 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Steve, I felt good on the long run, and beat one of my friends in a race to the top of a hill where we do hill reps. She is a faster runner than me, and regularly gets 80% + WAVAS in parkruns and road races.
She said "you've still got it!" which made my day 😃
I've found my waterproof tops are only shower proof, so I don't often bother wearing them. Once you are wet, you can't get any wetter.

Well done for this mornings 5k in the dark on roads.

Today is a rest day, but I have done my Farmers Walk.
4 Oct
7:43pm, 4 Oct 2022
2,847 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Good news you felt good on your run HS it was a good one.

A little 3.04 for me today just trying to keep in the green this month.

Well done on your 5k Steve. I struggled to get out today. Should have gone early but having trouble sleeping.
4 Oct
8:12pm, 4 Oct 2022
7,000 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Well done for getting out running, those that have managed it. 9 for me this morning staying just ahead of the 1500 mile daily target line.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000