Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

100 mile pair or the new ones

1 watcher
Mar 2016
5:46pm, 31 Mar 2016
32011 posts
Hills of Death (HOD)
I love my Lunar Tempo I find these great for halfs and above.

Hopefully fingers crossed I'll be ok to run Manchester Marathon Sunday week. Now the question is do I run in the worn in pair (130 miles) or the brand new pair I can put about (20 miles on) hmmmm
Mar 2016
6:53pm, 31 Mar 2016
8078 posts
FenlandRunner
Ran a 50k PB last week in box fresh shoes :)
Mar 2016
7:20pm, 31 Mar 2016
11592 posts
Dvorak
The old pair. 130 miles and they shouldn't have much wear, surely? I know people who have run good races in box fresh shoes (usually like you, a model they wore already), but its a risk and why take it? A few miles into a marathon would be a really bad time to find out you had got it wrong ;-)
Mar 2016
7:28pm, 31 Mar 2016
8081 posts
FenlandRunner
To my (very) recent cost (as in yesterday), I think terrain is important in the decision making process.

I take it that the Manchester Marathon is boring tarmac, in my experience there is little to go wrong with wearing box-fresh of a make/model you have experience.

Off-road it is a totally different ball-game.
Mar 2016
8:24pm, 31 Mar 2016
32013 posts
Hills of Death (HOD)
On saying that the 130 mile pair when new caused my calf to cramp (or at least accessory to it) during ELY 10k

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Hills of Death (HOD)
I love my Lunar Tempo I find these great for halfs and above.

Hopefully fingers crossed I'll be ...

Close