100 mile pair or the new ones

1 watcher
Mar 2016
5:46pm, 31 Mar 2016
32,011 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
I love my Lunar Tempo I find these great for halfs and above.

Hopefully fingers crossed I'll be ok to run Manchester Marathon Sunday week. Now the question is do I run in the worn in pair (130 miles) or the brand new pair I can put about (20 miles on) hmmmm
Mar 2016
6:53pm, 31 Mar 2016
8,078 posts
  •  
FenlandRunner
Ran a 50k PB last week in box fresh shoes :)
Mar 2016
7:20pm, 31 Mar 2016
11,592 posts
  •  
Dvorak
The old pair. 130 miles and they shouldn't have much wear, surely? I know people who have run good races in box fresh shoes (usually like you, a model they wore already), but its a risk and why take it? A few miles into a marathon would be a really bad time to find out you had got it wrong ;-)
Mar 2016
7:28pm, 31 Mar 2016
8,081 posts
  •  
FenlandRunner
To my (very) recent cost (as in yesterday), I think terrain is important in the decision making process.

I take it that the Manchester Marathon is boring tarmac, in my experience there is little to go wrong with wearing box-fresh of a make/model you have experience.

Off-road it is a totally different ball-game.
Mar 2016
8:24pm, 31 Mar 2016
32,013 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
On saying that the 130 mile pair when new caused my calf to cramp (or at least accessory to it) during ELY 10k

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Hills of Death (HOD)
I love my Lunar Tempo I find these great for halfs and above.

Hopefully fingers crossed I'll be ...