Fetch Pregnancy Club

172 watchers
Apr 2014
10:03pm, 19 Apr 2014
2,924 posts
  •  
SherryB
Krissie, possibly could be thrush? Does the pain stop after feeding?
Apr 2014
10:03pm, 19 Apr 2014
2,925 posts
  •  
SherryB
This is a good resource for thrush and other pain when breastfeeding breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk
Apr 2014
10:56pm, 19 Apr 2014
3,911 posts
  •  
mummyV
does not sound like thrush to me as i had that and the pain is horrific but mainly i n the nipple and then going in, not starting inside if that makes sense, mastitis or blocked duct is possible..you can't touch or shower your boobs without a huge amount of pain with thrush. i cried during and after every feed for days...

breast pads...they are such a faff, luckily I am not very leaky unless it's an unexpectedly long break since last feed so generally get away with a two layer/lightly padded feeding bra from mothercare:-)

beutiful smiley pic :-)
Apr 2014
8:22am, 20 Apr 2014
4,733 posts
  •  
katypie
Despite being milk a go go I don't seem to need pads but I have faffing with the shields :-/

I've just weighed myself. I've put on THREE pounds. I almost weigh what I did just before having the baby. My eating is appalling and I'm not surprised bit a little disgusted with myself.

Bad night last night. Wee man sick up everywhere and not settling. Mr p up at six to do a LSR. I'm feeding and boypie is watching a film next to me in the iPad.
Apr 2014
1:20pm, 20 Apr 2014
322 posts
  •  
Krissie
Thanks for the links, I will check it out. The pain only stops when the boy is not near me! I was enjoying a nice long bath this morning, hubby carried O in to say he was starting to look like he'd want feeding soon, and ouch, pain tearing through both boobs! I will go to the bf group next week and chat to them about it.

Don't be hard on yourself KP. I know it's tough and I can't claim to be be happy with my body right now either, but I built up a nice store of fat during pregnancy for breastfeeding, you were so poorly your body is probably trying to do that now.
Apr 2014
7:38pm, 20 Apr 2014
2,926 posts
  •  
SherryB
Krissie, it could be the let-down reflex. That can be very painful for some women in the early days. Good you have a local BF group to visit and chat to them. Much easier to explore with somebody in person than over the internet.
Apr 2014
9:34pm, 20 Apr 2014
1,309 posts
  •  
VicksterH
I was thinking that too Krissie, let down reflex. Probably doesn't help you much!
Apr 2014
9:59pm, 20 Apr 2014
4,734 posts
  •  
katypie
My milk has gone back to going nutso... there's lots of it and it's going everywhere during feeding. Why oh why! I wish we could ditch the shields. If I could think of a good reason to quit...... nope I can't.
Apr 2014
10:41pm, 20 Apr 2014
3,912 posts
  •  
mummyV
my boobs still sometimes hurt when i haven't fed for a while at let down, it will settle though.
KP think Krissie has a good point, you need fat in your body to successfully BF and you were very poorly in preg, you can't have put on much weight then...plaese don't worry 3 pounds is not much and you are doing such a fab job with your bubba!!! x
Apr 2014
10:46pm, 20 Apr 2014
4,735 posts
  •  
katypie
I was 11st 8 when I fell pregnant and about 12st 8lb when I had him, I'm back at 12st 8lb (I'm 5ft 7 but still...). TBH even if I consume the same calories they need to be *better* calories. I put everything into myfitnesspal yesterday and 34% of it was fat, yea gods. I keep thinking 'och it's only 6 weeks' but I don't want to be saying the same in the summer. Anyway, I feel silly going on about it, I know in the greater scheme it's not important and little pie is the priority. I just can't put any more weight on!! LOL

About This Thread

Maintained by Tiggia
In the club? No not a running club, in THE club - discuss it here - cravings, mood swings, antenatal things, bowel movements...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Latest arrivals:

Battlecat - Gracie - 16 October 2017 pram
Neems - Isobel - 22 September 2017 pram
CornishEva - Thomas - 25 July 2017 pram

Expectant Fetchies:

louise182 - EDD 15 October 2017 pram