Fetch Pregnancy Club

172 watchers
Apr 2014
11:00am, 18 Apr 2014
406 posts
  •  
Tazsedai
I love my washable nappies, we've had less leaks than with the few times I've used sposies and they are soooo pretty too!
They are all in good enough nick for baby #2 as well. I loved bumgenius, totsbots easyfits and ebay cheapies from tiny nippers for the day and motherease wraps with tots bots bamboozles (bamboo nappies) for nights. Little lambs are also nice night nappies as well.
I do about 3 nappy washes per week (mainly overnight) when they are fully in nappies and about 1-2 now that my 2yo is nappy free in the day.
We used reusable wipes as well, much better at picking up poo than wet-wipes!
Check out your council, you may be able to get cash-back or see if you have nappucino's near you to look at all the lovely fluff.
Apr 2014
5:11pm, 18 Apr 2014
316 posts
  •  
Krissie
We have a load of washable nappies. I gave them a go when Oliver was about 3 weeks but didn't get very far. I think he was too small as they leaked and I was too tired to persevere but I will try them again when he's a little older. My motivation for wanting to use them was cost and environmental, but now I have them I'm not too sure how much we save in terms of both of these. The washing instructions say they need to be washed at 60 degrees which means a separate wash to everything else, and disposable nappies are working out a lot cheaper than I thought they would. I will have another go when he is a bit older thought now that we have them.

I've been using washable wipes from birth and really like them. I have a stash of about 20 and a tub of water and they go in a normal wash 2 or 3 times a week so don't increase wash costs.
Apr 2014
8:31pm, 18 Apr 2014
291 posts
  •  
MrsVanoord
Well, it's been a glorious day here. It's my birthday so Hubby had to do what I wanted - a walk and a picnic. The picnic was quite modest but we walked up Moelwyn Bach in Snowdonia. I was pitifully slow and have given up my hope of a Snowdon ascent pre baby (I live nearby and normally go up several times a year plus lots of other hill walks). This may be my last proper summit for a while so I was determined, even though Mr Van was all worried. He was worried at how slow I was but I was deliberately pegging back my pace to a level where I could still speak in full sentences. Home for a BBQ and even a sneaky little glass of wine.

Hope you've all had a good Good Friday.
Apr 2014
10:46am, 19 Apr 2014
4,728 posts
  •  
katypie
hope you had a happy birthday MrsV, well done on your walk.

Another disturbed night, the wee man was after muchos milk and someone to look at his big cute eyes :-) At 8.40 my OH came through to say if I wanted to do parkrun I'd better get a move on (9.30 start), I made it and managed a 27.00 parkrun. Yahoo. My sports bra broke, the strap clearly can't cope with the milk machines ;-)
Apr 2014
11:08am, 19 Apr 2014
13,178 posts
  •  
Tiggia
KP, fair play on getting to parkrun after a disturbed night. :) LOL at the sports bra going ping, hope it wasn't too embarassing!!

THank you SO much for the book, postman just delivered it to me at work :) :) Very kind of you xxx
Apr 2014
11:09am, 19 Apr 2014
13,179 posts
  •  
Tiggia
Oh I've just cried reading it. Hormonal or what!
Apr 2014
11:10am, 19 Apr 2014
4,729 posts
  •  
katypie
It happened before so I had a crop top underneath but I felt I was flapping in the wind ;-)

np re book - excuse the handcrafted envelope ;-) xx
Apr 2014
12:51pm, 19 Apr 2014
3,910 posts
  •  
mummyV
lol, brilliant, great running KP :-)
Apr 2014
3:43pm, 19 Apr 2014
317 posts
  •  
Krissie
Well done on the Parkrun KP and lol at the sports bra. I'm just waiting for the day that a breast pad works it's way from underneath the 2 sports bras that I currently wear and falls out for all to see, there is nowhere to tuck them in securely like with nursing bra's :-O.

We had a bad night too, regressed from one feed a night back to 2 hourly. I'm a bit broken this morning! We had our first smiles this morning though which made it all worth while :-)
Apr 2014
4:02pm, 19 Apr 2014
318 posts
  •  
Krissie
I've started to get boob pain in the last couple of days, don't think it's a latch issue as its really deep inside, sort of spreading from my armpits to the front and like a deep sharp burning pain. I don't have any hotness I thought that would tend to affect one rather than both?? It starts when Oliver starts rooting and showing signs of wanting feeding, which is pretty amazing really, but bloody painful! Has anyone else ever had similar?

Also, I've had a couple of attempts at expressing and giving from a bottle to hopefully allow me to get out for slightly longer in a couple of weeks but O isn't taking it. He spits it out, sometimes chokes on it, and generally seems to hate it. I don't want to push it at such a young age if he doesn't like it, but has anyone had any success with a particular type of bottle when also bf'ing over others? I'm currently using a Tommy Tippee closer to nature one.

About This Thread

Maintained by Tiggia
In the club? No not a running club, in THE club - discuss it here - cravings, mood swings, antenatal things, bowel movements...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Latest arrivals:

Battlecat - Gracie - 16 October 2017 pram
Neems - Isobel - 22 September 2017 pram
CornishEva - Thomas - 25 July 2017 pram

Expectant Fetchies:

louise182 - EDD 15 October 2017 pram