Fetch Pregnancy Club

0 lurkers | 159 watchers
5:00am, 13 Sep 2014
797 posts
Tiggia, after my Caesarian I was back running after 3 weeks, but VERY slowly and it took me 2 weeks before I could go further than 1 mile. But I don't think I had any adverse effects, and by June, ie at 5 months I did a 10 mile race, although it was much tougher than I expected and I think I suffered with anaemia so I stopped running to build up my iron levels and didnt get back into it because of going back to work. This time I plan to take it more slowly because Ive made my point. But I do feel that my perineal muscles having been stretched are less up for holding my insides in for a run - hopefully I'll feel better by 6weeks.

Congratulations doogs, welcome to our "club".
8:00am, 13 Sep 2014
13464 posts
You were running 3 wks after a c sec? Wow :-O

I shall chat with the pt and see if we can start with a run walk mile. Last time after the c sec my first run back was parkrun and I forgot how long 3 miles can feel ;-)

8:10am, 13 Sep 2014
4317 posts
Ta, both. :-) OH still knackered but feeling better after a ten hour sleep. Bump kicking a lot all of a sudden.

Tiggs - I'll run-walk parkrun with you one week if you want company?
8:25am, 13 Sep 2014
13465 posts
Ten hour sleep.... Jealous!!!!
If the movements are out of ordinary give the MW a shout.
Thank you for the offer, that's very kind of you. BTW completely off topic but did you know that Olive (usually marshalling on the penultimate corner ) sadly died last weekend. :(
10:16am, 13 Sep 2014
4318 posts
OH is still knackered, even after that. She's a very light sleeper and that does not combine well with two bouncy toddlers when it comes to napss. ;-) Movements are all fine - it's a nice, wriggly baby (it wouldn't stop moving during the scan!).

No worries - it'll be nice to see you back there once you've got the time/energy! I saw about Olive during the week, ta - I just came back from barcode scanning there now and everyone went to Olive's Corner once they finished to cheer on the later finishers, as she would have done. It's a real shock - I didn't know she was unwell but apparently (judging by the FB comments), it wasn't a complete surprise to family, etc.

Mission Control: 10k

Training with added hindsight. Click here to read the article >>

About This Thread

In the club? No not a running club, in THE club - discuss it here - cravings, mood swings, antenatal things, bowel movements... Raspberry!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations to all our recent arrivals :-)

Mrs lammo - 17th December 2014 Baby W in a pram!
oceanspirit - 7th January 2015 Baby W in a pram!
Mrs Doogs - 10th January 2015 Baby W in a pram!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waiting for the magic to happen:
Baby W in a pram! GentleCat Baby W in a pram! BigChiefRunningBore Baby W in a pram!

Just being broody and not doing anything about it: Max71 Baby W in a pram! Princess Purple Baby W in a pram!

Charity Partners

Want a place in your dream race, or raise money for a good cause? Speak to one of our charity partners, or click the links below:

Zeb FenlandRunner Steevey tulip Sharkie tipsku Jim7 Torri10 theOtherRichard Fragile Do Not Bend Sweaty Frank Sporty2010 Davie Newbie 2 jennywren Bunny007 MaltDrinker ellamac Nichrome snogard Rosehip Newcross ultrapaulo Doris
Site skin
Fetcheveryone is a publication of Hearst Magazines UK which is the trading name of The National Magazine Company Ltd, 72 Broadwick St, London, W1F 9EP.
Registered in England 112955. All rights reserved. Copyright © 2014.
If this website gets in your eyes, wash out immediately with luke-warm water. Do not swallow.