Fetch Pregnancy Club

0 lurkers | 159 watchers
2:59am, 2 Sep 2014
792 posts
Ow, ow, ow. I think baby O has tongue tie. Ok so perhaps that's not meant to be the first thing that jumps to mind, but his sister did. He has had a small amount of the latching problem she did - much less because I know how to breast feed. He has the same retracted chin. I've been hearing the "clicking" when he feeds. And as of yesterday, my nipples are cracked & sore ESP on the left.

MOMD thinks I just want my baby to have an operation and is generally taking the piss then causing me of being grumpy.

I will speak to the community midwives tomorrow, but I don't expect they will know how to diagnose post tongue tie.
8:54am, 2 Sep 2014
13443 posts
Urgh. Good luck Insomniac. Do you have a baby cafe or drop in centre with a lactation consultant? Not that they are always very on the ball. I sympathise with the knackered nipples :(

I'd hoped Maeve wouldn't have TT but of course with it being hereditary it had to be a possibility. Problem is here that once we got it snipped the latch still hasn't improved and I've got a very very windy baby Who is feeding all the time (with nipple shields) because she can't feed very efficiently.
10:41am, 2 Sep 2014
328 posts
Ooh, yes, sore nipples. I'm applying lansinoh so much I reckon she's probably getting a significant number of calories from it! I *think* latch is ok as once she's latched on it isn't painful beyond the initial 20s let down bit, I'm just a sensitive flower. Maybe TMI but before she was born I couldn't tolerate the jet of the shower on them cos they were all tender! In other news, I seem to have managed to look after her for nearly a whole week without any major disasters and we now have a name: Sophie Arwen.
11:19am, 2 Sep 2014
13444 posts
Beautiful name. I wanted Arwen as Maeve's middle name but had to settle for a family name.

About This Thread

In the club? No not a running club, in THE club - discuss it here - cravings, mood swings, antenatal things, bowel movements... Raspberry!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations to Tiggia and family on the safe arrival of a baby girl named Maeve Rosemary born at 4:05pm on 25th July weighing in at 8lb 11.Baby W in a pram!

Tazsedai - EDD 27th July2014 Baby W in a pram!
RuthB2 - EDD 2nd August 2014 Baby W in a pram!
SusiSue28 - EDD 5th August 2014 Baby W in a pram!
Mrs Vanoord - EDD 24th August 2014 Baby W in a pram!
Insomniac - EDD 24th August 2014 Baby W in a pram!
Cloggy - 12th September 2014 Baby W in a pram!
Mrs lammo - 17th December 2014 Baby W in a pram!
oceanspirit - 7th January 2015 Baby W in a pram!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waiting for the magic to happen:
Baby W in a pram! GentleCat Baby W in a pram! BigChiefRunningBore Baby W in a pram!

Just being broody and not doing anything about it: Max71 Baby W in a pram! Princess Purple Baby W in a pram!

Charity Partners

Want a place in your dream race, or raise money for a good cause? Speak to one of our charity partners, or click the links below:

Legless Carpathius kstuart pedroscalls Seafarxpress ChrisHB p^2 Sombrero DazTheSlug Old Man Running sim NelskiBL miles of smiles Ima Donkey Hibby Marathon Mike rocketrogers MrsVanoord TeacherGirl Stokesy pearcebilly ian5611 GeoC
Site skin
Fetcheveryone is a publication of Hearst Magazines UK which is the trading name of The National Magazine Company Ltd, 72 Broadwick St, London, W1F 9EP.
Registered in England 112955. All rights reserved. Copyright © 2014.