Fetch Pregnancy Club

0 lurker | 181 watchers
14 Oct
8:48am, 14 Oct 2016
4092 posts
Wine Legs
We had three years of trying without any natural success at all. We were incredibly fortunate that our first round of IVF was successful & we now have 8 month old twins.

We have friends who no longer talk to us because they'd been trying for a similar length of time, had miscarried several times and she miscarried again while I stayed pregnant. She couldn't cope at all. It makes me very sad :-(

All the best for those trying. It's so hard when others have success when you're so desperately trying.
14 Oct
9:29am, 14 Oct 2016
5038 posts
HermanBloom
Hi Bayleaf, Don't apologise. For every couple that have found it easy, I know another that have found it hard. My BiL has just had his third, but they were trying for ages to have their third child and have been through all sorts of issues. We were quite lucky by comparison. It is, of course, a very emotional subject, maybe the most of all, so I think it would be amazing if people didn't feel anything when they are struggling and others around them (seem to be) getting pregnant with little worry.
14 Oct
10:09am, 14 Oct 2016
10 posts
TooOldtotri?
It's only been a short while of trying for me and I know what I am like now so I can imagine what it must feel like if you have been trying for a year.

You don't mention how old you are but if it has been 12 months with no success I would advise going to see your GP (both of you) so they can do tests and see if there is any assistance needed. It may just be a case of not getting the BD timing right each month but it's probably worth getting checked out for any fertility issues.

Hope it all works out for you.
17 Oct
2:02pm, 17 Oct 2016
3721 posts
Mandymoo
I have had to watch from the side lines for the last 12 years as a family member went through the whole trying stage, ivf, one ectopic. There was nothing I could do but be there for them and even that was not enough as all around them people/friends were having babies.

In August this year they finally had twin girls, at 38 weeks and all was fine. Happy is an understatement.

Support Fetcheveryone

Please use these links - we get a small commission on all your purchases:

About This Thread

In the club? No not a running club, in THE club - discuss it here - cravings, mood swings, antenatal things, bowel movements...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Latest arrivals:

SuzyWoo - Sophie on 18th March, 7lb 5oz. Awwwwwwwwww!
WineLegs - Isaac and Amber on 20th February, 6lb 3oz and 4lb 10oz. Awwwwwwwwww! Awwwwwwwwww!

Expectant Fetchies:

Kimmy - EDD 14 April 2016 Baby W in a pram!
Deegee - EDD 27 April 2016 Baby W in a pram!
not built for speed - EDD 5 July 2016 Baby W in a pram!
UltraCas - EDD 13 July 2016 Baby W in a pram!
wizlyn - EDD 3 September 2016 Baby W in a pram!
HermanBloom - EDD 28 December 2016 Baby W in a pram!

Broody and need to do something about it
Max71 Baby W in a pram!