Email Password Forgot? | Register

Fetch Pregnancy Club

0 lurkers | 163 watchers
9:37pm, 23 Jul 2015
8406 posts
I steered clear of all the birth TV series as well. Though my husband would watch as many as possible. I also didn't want to see all the drama that comes with giving birth. I just wanted my baby out without the drama.

I've now finished up my maternity leave. :-( I went back to work on Monday. But the good news is I now have 6 weeks holiday! Three days of work followed by my summer break (fully paid). I think that should be how work and holiday should be. :-)
9:40pm, 23 Jul 2015
4581 posts
Wow OS. That's flown by!
9:45pm, 23 Jul 2015
8407 posts
Tell me about it! I literally go day by day not thinking too much about it, and now we are 6 months down the line from my baby being born.

But I have filled my time with meeting up with the ladies I met from the NCT class I did and seeing other friends and sensory class and buggyfit and going out for walks and shopping for baby things (which is sooooo much fun! Though my husband usually follows that with "I didn't have that when I was a baby." Which gets my reply of "I don't care if you didn't have that....")
7:45pm, 24 Jul 2015
4582 posts
Haha! Imagine, no new stuff since the 1970/80s :-)

I now have a birthing pool in my front room (in a box at the moment, got another week to go before I'm officially full term).

The home birth midwife was great, very on board with hypnobirthing. She told El Capitan that he's got 2 major jobs to do for the home birth - one is to put the pool up, the other is to keep an eye on the cat to make sure she doesn't try to steal the placenta! Apparently they are rather keen on them and she's done a birth before where the cat ran off with it! I thought I'd thought of everything - clearly not!
12:51pm, 25 Jul 2015
4090 posts
hahaha imagine that :-)
3:15pm, 25 Jul 2015
253 posts
I haven't been here in the LONGEST time, but since I had an email notifying me of some fmail, I thought I'd stop by and catch up on the baby-goss!

Lovely to read that there are impending births... Last time I was regular on this thread was three years ago - had my boy Johnny on 6th August 2012, and now I'm due again on the 4th August!

MummyV - I used Mirena after my first born. I'd never been on the pill (I had an aversion to the idea of messing with hormones), but the more limited levels in Mirena and not having to suffer from heavy, painful periods, persuaded me. I found the insertion of horrific - I had a cervical spasm, and felt like I was in labour all over again. A close friend had no such bother though. I will consider it after this pregnancy again, but I'm not certain that I'll use it again.

Good luck to all those carrying, and especially those due soon. I'm hoping I'll be a week early and deliver this week. If I do, I'll try and pop back and update!
11:32pm, 26 Jul 2015
4091 posts
oooh, lots of luck Miss Minx...your little ones could share a birthday!!!
Thanks for all the advice. I am not sure what to do at all.
4:45pm, 27 Jul 2015
10475 posts
My Sis in law is in labour. Last I heard was a text at 10am or so saying 'it's happening'
Fingernails all bitten off!
7:26pm, 27 Jul 2015
118 posts
Hi miss minx. Congratulations!

So exciting Jude! Keep us posted.
8:34pm, 27 Jul 2015
10476 posts
It's a girl! No further details other than everyone tired but ok 😀😀😀😀
Like this page? Share it on Facebook:

Join Us Now!

Fetcheveryone is a free website for runners, bikers, swimmers, triathletes, and outdoorsy types.

We have an epic training log, more event listings than any site we know of, and supportive community that will help you achieve your goals. And in case you've forgotten already, it's free!

Pic: Getty / Paul Bradbury

Fetch Gets Mobile!

Take us wherever you go! Click here to read the article!

About This Thread

In the club? No not a running club, in THE club - discuss it here - cravings, mood swings, antenatal things, bowel movements... Raspberry!
-----------------------------------------------------------

Battlecat - EDD 21 August 2015 Baby W in a pram!
Lambkin - EDD 23 Oct 2015 Baby W in a pram!
neems - EDD 29 Oct 2015 Baby W in a pram!
Oysterboy - EDD 31 Jan 2016 Baby W in a pram!

Waiting for the magic to happen:
GentleCat Baby W in a pram! BigChiefRunningBore Baby W in a pram!

Just being broody and not doing anything about it:
Max71 Baby W in a pram! Princess Purple Baby W in a pram!

Close