Round Norfolk Relay TEAM THREE????

27 watchers
Nov 2009
9:28am, 25 Nov 2009
4,258 posts
  •  
Naomi P
We do love a good bandwagon on Fetch :-P

I don't think it entirely rules us out, it will make it difficult to get a place but the rules don't make it impossible. I've always intended to be at the Langdale mara next year anyway, but if we wanted to put a team together and a case for entry, I'm sure we'd have a good shot. Apart from the noise in the campsite this year, the RNR committee have been pretty complimentary about Fetch's contribution so far.
Nov 2009
10:37am, 25 Nov 2009
9,504 posts
  •  
BigChiefRunningBore
That's far too sensible HotP! Lets get back to imagining that they are picking on us.
Jan 2011
10:38am, 4 Jan 2011
10,910 posts
  •  
chrisity
I hope that this might be of interest to the RNR teams and give a good excuse to get together.

Long Eaton 50 mile race and relay, Saturday June 11th 2011.

As part of the celebration of our 25th anniversary, we are organising the above two races. We invite interested parties to register an interest with me at chris.robson@castlecollege.ac.uk and then when the final details are available for costing etc in February those who have done so will be given 2 weeks to enter before the rest of the public.

Both races use the same route, based on the Round Derby 50 mile path, details of which can be found at Link (roll over me to see where I go) . However we will use the canal towpath from Shardlow to Stenson and not visit the villages, and also the route will go through Mickleover to avoid a nasty junction on the A38. Details will be put on our website later. The course will be just over 50 miles and involve about 3000 feet of climbing altogether, with no big hills. Although the route is on well used paths, it is not specifically marked for the majority of its length and consequently you will need to follow the instructions and carry appropriate maps

1. 50 mile race. open to over 21's, start time between 6 and 8 am with a cut off finishing time of 9pm.

Estimated cost is £15 and will include some food at check points 3 and 5 and at the end. You will need to carry appropriate kit and be recently experienced in running distances of at least a marathon.

2. 50 mile relay. Legs of approximately between 6 and 11 miles. Teams will need to provide their own transport, water, food and support around the course. Start will be at 9.00 with a latest finishing time of 9pm. Teams may be mixed or single sex. The cost per team is expected to be about £50. Age 17+ but we hope to have a short leg open to 16 year olds if we can. Although different named runners will be needed for each leg we are considering allowing them to be accompanied, for navigational help and safety, if the team wants to. This means that you can have 8 or 9 runners if you want.

There will be a momento for both races included. The prices will be set to cover our costs, any small profit will go to charity.

There will be small prizes for the winners, but we see these events as being about enjoyment and participation rather than the winning.

In the event of the relay being oversubscribed we may restrict the number of teams from any club, logistics mean that we will not be able to cope with over 50 teams
Mar 2011
12:28pm, 8 Mar 2011
11,388 posts
  •  
chrisity
I have finally got the info together for the Long Eaton 50 and even a race permit.

Entry forms and details for the ultra 50 are at Link to www.longeatonrunningclub.com

Entry forms and details for the 50 mile 6-stage relay are at Link to www.longeatonrunningclub.com
Aug 2011
3:00pm, 11 Aug 2011
13,285 posts
  •  
flanker
Right folks, I had a few withdrawals, so it's looks like we'll be looking for 2-3 more runners if anyone is interested...

I don't want to be elitist, but to ensure we can make the cut-offs anybody coming in to the team will probably need to be able to run 8-10 miles at 8:30 pace.

Any takers?
Aug 2011
3:45pm, 11 Aug 2011
15,192 posts
  •  
Princess Purple Bubbles
contact Slow Fish Flanker think he was interested in taking part
Aug 2011
4:15pm, 11 Aug 2011
879 posts
  •  
slowfish
thanks PPB - and I still am :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Hanneke
Things are definitely hotting up as race day approaches rapidly...