•  
Tonybv9
Good point PtB.
Jun 2016
3:54pm, 6 Jun 2016
8,978 posts
  •  
Chrisull
SO what happens when you see the exact opposite, sensible smooth for a mile or so, then seems to go slightly erratic for several miles after that, showing the lumpy bumpy gradual increase peaking at 218bpm (top cadence about 185, max HR is theoretically 180. It also is above the cadence (and above my max HR). Static from the vest top? It was a hard workout on a hot day, and after 1 mile I'm very sticky, but I didn't feel I was dying so I assume that it's some bug in the reading somewhere.

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/gallery-showphoto.php?id=82645
Jun 2016
4:06pm, 6 Jun 2016
5,658 posts
  •  
paul the builder
Dunno. That's a pretty hard to read set of graphs. It looks like you increased pace quite a bit at roughly the same time as the HR readings went weird. I assume you don't have some kind of arrythymia condition.
Jun 2016
4:24pm, 6 Jun 2016
8,982 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Paul - as far as I'm aware I don't have arrythymia, I assume there would be symptoms other than erratic readings. I never used to get that on my HRM, but last few runs it has started to happen, I used to get the opposite - erratic contact early on, then consistent readings. It is right that it happened when I increased pace, perhaps the contact becomes loser and bangs on my chest?
Jun 2016
4:35pm, 6 Jun 2016
23,332 posts
  •  
macca 53
Chris

I have an arrthymia and it doesn't look like that trace at all - when the heart goes out of sync in things like atrial fibrillation, then typically the HR will go from resting to 170-180 bpm over about 30 seconds (just sitting still) - when the episode ends it will flip back into normal rhythm just as quickly - so in fact the shape of the curve is rather like that experienced by many runners at the start of a run. A rapid (almost vertical increase) followed by a period of high HR then a vertical decrease.
Jun 2016
7:00pm, 6 Jun 2016
8,983 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Ta macca, which makes me think it's an issue with the monitor when it gets very hot and sticky (note it only started happening spring/summer).

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
HI everyone,

I wear an HRM for all my runs, and glance at it occasionally. I've got to know my r...