•  
McGoohan
WSW
Feb 2019
1:36pm, 7 Feb 2019
29,067 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
An expanded vocabulary from the Word Association thread (mostly courtesy of swittle)

A ‘streak pb’ of over 130 days after loitering around on the Streaky Bacon thread
Feb 2019
1:39pm, 7 Feb 2019
26,769 posts
  •  
macca 53
Fetch Five

* FERC

* Mick n Phil halfs

* Fetchpoints

* Fetch Wedding Mile

* multiple Fetchie weddings

* spreading the parkrun love

* secret santa thread

* Homer's BIIIG Fetch Mile

* Free Guided Scottish Hill Runs

* Fetch Miles generally

* TBOGUA and depression threads

* Fetchpoint, Conquercise, Betting, Pundit, UTMOST and other games that make us go further and faster

* Fundraising for those in need

* International race support

*an incredible community, spread nationally

* A more up to date list of races than anywhere else!

* great place to log my training and results that I can refer back to and see improvement!

* A forum where posting "welcome to Fetch" and the 100 posts rule for newbies just happened spontaneously, because that's what the community here is like

* My go-to for analysis tools to compare my training for one race with past ones

* pesterers and lazybones concept.

* I bet GH doesn't have Sharktopus like wot the 700 thread has

* A banner I aligned myself to when dithering some years back about this running lark, B.P (Before Parkrun), and well before clubbery.

* (*) (*), Monkey toast, Prague and other Fetch-isms

* Fleecy, CStar

* Nellers running when he didn't fancy it (and his non-beard) - I've summarised a bit mate, hope that's OK

* Running through the Bog of Doom with a bunch of Elvii.

* Meeting all sorts of like minded running mad people!

* Meeting actual, alive other runners who live near you and you can go running with (except the axe-murdering ones).

* a tastefully coloured running shirt (I think that might need a winky ;-) )

* A website we can productively use to fill time at work when we're bored off our ar$es, that isn't blocked by company filters

* I can't imagine being part of any other sort of running community as I'm not really very athletic generally and would feel intimidated. And I tried other ones and gave up.

* It got me to start logging my training, which I could never be arsed to do before, and carry on logging it even after my Garmin died and I didn't replace it.

* The site that recognises *your* best is as valid an achievement as anybody else’s and will be recognised as such, regardless of time, distance or placing.

* Santa’s 10 at 10
Feb 2019
1:59pm, 7 Feb 2019
30,386 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Lol at Santa's 10 at 10. That's been about 7 years since Santa ran that thread. And several years since she's posted in here, I think? Still logs her training and races though? Or maybe not even that? :-) G
Feb 2019
2:03pm, 7 Feb 2019
29,068 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Definitely TBOGUA tea
Feb 2019
2:11pm, 7 Feb 2019
30,387 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Cheers DT! tea porkpie apple :-) G
Feb 2019
2:15pm, 7 Feb 2019
29,069 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
:-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
What have the Romans ever done for us? Well, there's the acqueducts...

In Fetch's blog he says ...