The 5:2 diet

89 watchers
Mar 2014
12:41pm, 24 Mar 2014
4,415 posts
  •  
kwala
Massive fail on this for me last week, and hence avoided the scales this morning. But ready for it today, so fast day here too - M&S soup for lunch, then salmon and salad for dinner.
Thinking of bringing in a jar of chicken bovril to help with the intraday hunger pangs - although I didn't really notice any today, which is good.

that pizza recipe sounds great OB, I may pinch that for my next fast day :-)
Mar 2014
12:43pm, 24 Mar 2014
5,083 posts
  •  
bigleggy
Me too - I have a banana for lunch, tin of soup for tea and a couple of drinks with milk in. Depending on the calories in the soup I get a slice of brown bread toasted(no butter) too :-)

Good luck everyone - I've got 3 weeks to the wedding of the year (not mine!) and about 5 lbs to lose. So no treats for me on my 'normal' days for a couple of weeks - see if I can get that 'normal' BMI I've been banging on about :-)
Mar 2014
7:42pm, 24 Mar 2014
528 posts
  •  
mags
Yay first day done and survived...am away to walk dog then am going to bed early to stop any hunger pangs but have felt surprisingly fine ...shows me how much I have been eating from habit and not need!
Mar 2014
8:04pm, 24 Mar 2014
9,339 posts
  •  
Oysterboy
Well done Mags!
My fast has been nice and easy today too and my courgette pizzas were delicious.

Roll on breakfast.
Mar 2014
8:57pm, 24 Mar 2014
9,342 posts
  •  
Oysterboy
Here's a pic. Yep, I've become someone who photographs their food :)

Came in at 170 calories.
Mar 2014
10:22pm, 24 Mar 2014
2,906 posts
  •  
SherryB
Oooh, nice
Mar 2014
9:25am, 25 Mar 2014
5,085 posts
  •  
bigleggy
Well done Mags :-)

Looks nice - not sure I could stomach that much courgette though. Repeats on me something wicked :-)

Normal day today - started off with a 5 mile run this morning. Brekkie never tasted so good afterwards !!!
Mar 2014
2:25pm, 25 Mar 2014
4,422 posts
  •  
kwala
I was fine yesterday - no terrible hunger pangs, just a mild rumbling around dinner time
Don't know how you managed a 5 miler before brekkie bigleggy - I found the walk to the station (under 1 mile) really exhausting this morning - is that normal? Didn't have breakfast until I got to work, so I guess I was running (well walking) on empty.
Mar 2014
4:10pm, 25 Mar 2014
5,087 posts
  •  
bigleggy
It's not easy ....or quick Kwala. Feel like someone has just taken the wind out of your sails. But I've kind of got used to it......like everything else with this diet really.

It's a case of I either run at 6am - or I won't be bothered later. I like the mornings now though - very peaceful and it feels like I have the world to myself for a bit :-)
Mar 2014
5:39pm, 25 Mar 2014
4,424 posts
  •  
kwala
Yes, I guess I'm a bit impatient, which probably explains why I never stick to anything for long, as I want instant results - but it's a marathon, not a sprint apparently!

About This Thread

Maintained by Spark
Anyone want to try it with me?

Info - m.bbc.co.uk

5 days of 'normal' eating and 2 days eating 600 calories (men), 500 calories (women).

Fast days are best not done on consecutive days, unless you have amazing willpower.

Helpful links-

pinterest.com

facebook.com