0 lurkers | 73 watchers
12:06pm, 28 Jun 2014
1155 posts
12:34pm, 28 Jun 2014
1179 posts
Indeed. The youth of today, eh?
12:45pm, 28 Jun 2014
16240 posts
Ah, is the beanie thing a TREND? I was running in my local park this week and there was a chap there doing some sort of boxing workout with another chap (a PT?) and he was wearing a fucking beanie. It was absolutely BOILING hot outside, so I did ask him whether he wasn't very hot wearing a hat, and he sort of smiled and looked embarrassed, clearly I didn't realise that it's cool to look hot :-)
Oh, and I can bloody well punch better than he could, he needs to come to Combat :-)
1:04pm, 28 Jun 2014
1209 posts
lol , Tomsmum
1:26pm, 28 Jun 2014
9081 posts
Fleecy - Isn't the whole point of training being seen looking cool whilst training (despite not usually doing a very good job)? Certainly the lads at my gym talk an awful lot, and slam the weights around a lot, but most of them aren't actually doing anything.

And yeah, beanies prevail in Manchester too - usually worn so they're hanging off their heads like some oversized and badly fitted condom.
2:56pm, 25 Jul 2014
10718 posts
lol....just found this thread...Tomsmum's pic is exactly what I posted on my blog today...I even observed a oldie drying his nads and back this week. :-)
7:56pm, 25 Jul 2014
2071 posts
I'm with Longwayround. The people who are odd in the cartoon are the young folk.
11:09pm, 25 Jul 2014
3812 posts
I think that's the point Winded.

In case anyone's wondering; it is the same in the female changing rooms.
4:23pm, 26 Jul 2014
1516 posts
What? Using the dryers on their lady gardens?
5:25pm, 26 Jul 2014
10714 posts
Burnt mucus membranes!

Join Us Now!

Fetcheveryone is a free website for runners, bikers, swimmers, triathletes, and outdoorsy types.

We have an epic training log, more event listings than any site we know of, and supportive community that will help you achieve your goals. And in case you've forgotten already, it's free!

Pic: Getty / Paul Bradbury

Bending The Ruler

Methods of race time prediction. Click here to read the article >>

About This Thread

This seems plain wrong:

Just back from the gym where one guy was extending the definition of 'ha...

Charity Partners

Want a place in your dream race, or raise money for a good cause? Speak to one of our charity partners, or click the links below:

Close