Email Password Forgot? | Register

The Jingle Mile - A Christmassy East Angular FetchEvent.

0 lurkers | 55 watchers
7:57am, 24 Jan 2015
1109 posts
Thanks Nellers - I'll give Sarfend a try in the summer :-)
1:54pm, 24 Jan 2015
75823 posts
Chelmsford has a bit of a hill and it narrows a lot - and it's big (444 today) so there's traffic pretty much the whole way if you're anything like mid-pack.

I'm told Colchester is really slow?
1:58pm, 24 Jan 2015
29287 posts
Colchester is all Tarmac but the usual course does 2 and a bit climbs up from the river to the castle. That saps the speed.
2:20pm, 24 Jan 2015
12352 posts
Cambridge is good and fast. The narrowness of the first kilometre slows things down a bit, but for most runners that is a good thing. After that it's all pretty wide over hard trails.
6:15pm, 24 Jan 2015
1897 posts
I wouldn't count Cambridge as fast for anyone of my speed nowadays, Glenn. It's much busier than it used to be, and I've sometimes had to walk over the first bridge. And trying to get any kind of pace over the first k is impossible.
6:16pm, 24 Jan 2015
1898 posts
But everyone should come along this Saturday, and give it a go. It'll be busy, and slow, but the most fun parkrun around at our fifth anniversary run. Fancy dress, and lots of cake :-)
6:21pm, 24 Jan 2015
12383 posts
I'm hoping to make my debut. I'll try to wear a fetch top if I do. I need the stickers.
7:15pm, 24 Jan 2015
12356 posts
I'm easy to spot and will be starting at the back. You'll hear Drell before you see her.
7:24pm, 24 Jan 2015
18692 posts
I'll be scanning bar codes so you'll find me at the end. Tiger Feet is going dressed as Harry P with her friend as the Hungarian Horntail

Join Us Now!

Fetcheveryone is a free website for runners, bikers, swimmers, triathletes, and outdoorsy types.

We have an epic training log, more event listings than any site we know of, and supportive community that will help you achieve your goals. And in case you've forgotten already, it's free!

Pic: Getty / Paul Bradbury

Follow My Training vLog

Every week, I'll be sharing my video diary of my training exploits, as I work my way towards an attempt at the Virgin Money London Marathon.

This week: New recipe section, we hit 14 miles, I start my beginners group, and the dog gets a haircut.

About This Thread

Okay, here it is. Again. And again. And yet again.

Saturday 6 December 2014

11:30 for 12:00pm start. Finish track activities by 2:00pm.

Cost approximately £3.

Group: Link (roll over me to see where I go)

Races:

The Jingle Mile III - The Search for Speed Link (roll over me to see where I go)
The Broken Bauble 800m of Doom
The 400m Hurtbox of Crackers
The Increasingly Inaccurately Named Grep's Own 200m Race
The Tinsel Insole 100m Insanity Dash 2014
The 4 x 100m Mince Pie Relay

Cambridge University Athletics Track
Wilberforce Road
Cambridge
CB3 0EQ

Related Groups

Jingle Milers

Charity Partners

Want a place in your dream race, or raise money for a good cause? Speak to one of our charity partners, or click the links below:

Close