Hello to Jason Isaacs

1 lurker | 73 watchers
18 Apr
4:30pm, 18 Apr 2024
5,299 posts
  •  
Cheeky’s Dad
Isn’t Ridley Scotf about to make a Blade Runner TV series?
2:39pm
2:39pm, 19 Apr 2024
32,020 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Civil War
I highly recommend this although it isn’t an easy watch. By turns sobering, tense, horrific and percussive, it is a surprising but convincing take on where escalating levels of violence will lead a nation to. Don’t expect a political polemic and don’t expect any throughline on how the US gets from now to then. Do expect an odyssey through a nation which has turned in on itself and given license to bloodlust in every town and city. Filling up a car with petrol was never this tense.
2:59pm
2:59pm, 19 Apr 2024
49,848 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Is that the photo journalism one that is out now? Kirsten Dunst? I heard a review on Front Row and it sounded really good. Nuanced, not a straight good v. evil view either? :-) G
3:00pm
3:00pm, 19 Apr 2024
49,849 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
What was conclusion on Saltburn? Worth watching? Richard E Grant, Carey Mulligan, surely good?
3:05pm
3:05pm, 19 Apr 2024
67,600 posts
  •  
LindsD
I really liked it but don't watch it with your Mum. Rosamund Pike was absolutely fabulous.
3:07pm
3:07pm, 19 Apr 2024
32,023 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
It is. What I found particularly interesting was the way in which it depicted the two sides: frequently you had no idea which side was which, and that makes it particularly unnerving when answering questions from a man with a gun without knowing who you are talking to. Your answers may get you safe passage or a bullet in the chest. Very tense.
3:20pm
3:20pm, 19 Apr 2024
151,601 posts
  •  
GregP
Back to the Future is this week’s Everyman Throwback.

Very few seats left when I checked just now.
3:33pm
3:33pm, 19 Apr 2024
10,322 posts
  •  
GordonG
[Would highly recommend the BttF musical in that there London]

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Nellers
A series of still images which, when shown on a screen, create the illusion of moving image.

Here is a Wiki, the fiendish creation of HappyG(rrr)
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=538

Here, you can record your recommendations (or otherwise!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you ever need to know if something is available on streaming, I can recommend justwatch.com

It tells you which platforms things are on and whether they are free and if not, gives their rental and purchase prices