BIKE THREAD

1 lurker | 198 watchers
15 Mar
4:52pm, 15 Mar 2024
23,544 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
I’ve had my eye on the Sonder Camino. May well have bought one this week, except the shop didn’t have my size to try. I’m not at home at the moment, but staying somewhere I’m planning to move to.
1 Apr
10:18am, 1 Apr 2024
10,226 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
I bought my GTR out of storage yesterday and finally got round to fitting some new tyres, I bought the new version of Conti GP5000 and new latex tubes to replace the old GP4000s. It's made a hell of a difference, much lighter and they spin up very quickly.

Anyhow, is anyone else using these tyres? They seem lower profile that the 4000s and I definitely detected more road noise, I'm just wondering what pressures people are using? I put in about 75psi, but the ride seemed very rigid. Anyone?
1 Apr
11:15am, 1 Apr 2024
2,538 posts
  •  
MudMeanderer
I'm using GP5000s. I've got used to them, but initially preferred the 4000s.

Pressure depends on rider weight, tyre width and surface. I'm running 25mm at about 5 bar (72psi), which is in line with SRAM recommendations (though much lower than Silva's values, which seems very high). Play about a bit though - particularly for cornering a small change can make a lot of difference.
1 Apr
11:19am, 1 Apr 2024
10,227 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
Mmm. These are 25mms on Cosmic Pro rims. I am think you are lighter than me (67kg), perhaps 75psi is about right.
1 Apr
11:36am, 1 Apr 2024
23,622 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
I didn’t end up with the Sonder Camino as the shop didn’t have my size and I’m in Scotland for a month and needing a bike to get around on. I’m not ruling out getting one at some point. So - I walked into the local bike shop in Elgin and asked them what they’d got that would fit me and made a decision there and then! It’s a Liv Rove and it’s a great all-rounder for roads and basic trails.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP