Aberdeen Fetch Mile- anyone interested?

78 watchers
Mar 2012
12:04pm, 27 Mar 2012
11,697 posts
  •  
halfpint
tomsmum - maybe you can give us some hints and tips after you've done your course. I'm OK at crawl but know I could be more efficient for more speed :)
Mar 2012
12:42pm, 27 Mar 2012
924 posts
  •  
shanksi
wkp, no tackling in touch rugby. Just a bunch of big girls running round a field hoping noone would throw a dirty ball in their direction, from what I could see ;)
Mar 2012
1:04pm, 27 Mar 2012
3,679 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
Oi shanksi, who are you calling big?

WKP - shanksi is right though, absolutely no tackling. I would definitely not risk injury with my race goals! You wear a belt with velcro on it and it has two plastic tags which are each side of you attached to the velcro. From what I could work out when someone pulls a tag off you have to stop and pass the ball and then they stick your tag back on. Although by the end of it Wee Rhino was just chucking the tags on the ground and carrying on. (She gets v competitive). I should probably look up the rules at some point! See you at the AGM tonight?

Tomsmum - tell them you're not coming back and that's that! If you're not having any more babies then you can burn a few bridges. You've done WAY more than your fair share of toddler leading. H would love circuits! Kara Terwey is also starting this Thu and will be bringing her baby Heather :-)

hp - that does sound bad. I guess you know your body best. Hope it's away by tomorrow :-)
Mar 2012
1:20pm, 27 Mar 2012
11,699 posts
  •  
halfpint
Mrs S - that's what the P2 kids do :) I wasn't sure I'd be welcome tomorrow with my germs :( I know you have races coming up and this is nasty!
Mar 2012
1:23pm, 27 Mar 2012
3,684 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
Women = P2 kids. Fine by me!

If you are still feeling really rough we probably shouldn't meet up. Although Magnus has the cold at the moment so I feel I'm already surrounded by germs
Mar 2012
1:25pm, 27 Mar 2012
11,701 posts
  •  
halfpint
I think I've been fighting off loads over winter but after Thurs was so drained it's really hit me now. Will see how I feel tomorrow. With luck the worst will be past by then - we can sit outside at opposite ends of the garden if that helps :)
Mar 2012
1:28pm, 27 Mar 2012
3,686 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
Are you inviting us to your house for a change? :-)
Mar 2012
2:31pm, 27 Mar 2012
11,702 posts
  •  
halfpint
lol! Once I have finally finished all the work and got house in order I would be happy. I have had to bail out of an open day at school because the heat etc was making me feel ropey. At home on sofa feeling very sorry for myself :(
Mar 2012
2:33pm, 27 Mar 2012
11,192 posts
  •  
sheri3004
Just been for 6.5 mile run - it was BOILING. I was going to do a tempo run but it is not fast running weather! Lovely though :)
Mar 2012
4:00pm, 27 Mar 2012
3,067 posts
  •  
AngusClydesdale
Just back in from a 25 mile bike ride with the littlest in a seat on the back. Beautiful day to be out. Even the breeze is warm. :-) :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by MazH
Aberdeen Fetch mile: DATE AND TIME TBC, WORKING ON IT

Aberdeen sports Village outdoor track.

Track will be booked 2 hrs, price for track approx £51.80, so price per head no more than £3 depending on numbers....
Kids are free as ever.

Mile race will be in estimated time heats, and kids races will be a free for all as usual!

We might have a 400m or 200m race also, see how it goes for time/numbers.

Be there or be square!!

Doon sooth'ers more than welcome, we can do a run social to make it worth yer while.....