Aberdeen Fetch Mile- anyone interested?

78 watchers
Mar 2012
8:11am, 27 Mar 2012
40 posts
  •  
Tomsmum
HP - am doing a front crawl course :) which will hopefully stop all the aches and pains I am getting (and the need for regular thigh massages from the physio) from breaststroke. Sorry to hear you are feeling rough - everyone seems to have germs atm.
Mar 2012
8:22am, 27 Mar 2012
3,675 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
Hya Dvořák, that was probably the hottest it will get in Aberdeen this year! It's our summer & it's fab :-)

hp - if it's not in your chest then exercise! I go swimming cycling & running with a cold. you might find it will give you energy.

Tomsum- can you come out for a cycle this am? Take H with you or better still RitchieC can babysit while painting!
Mar 2012
8:30am, 27 Mar 2012
41 posts
  •  
Tomsmum
No sorry Mrs S, swimming with H this morning and him indoors is painting and then has a dentist appt!
Mar 2012
8:33am, 27 Mar 2012
3,677 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
shame. he's just texted me. says he'll do circuits on Thu. you could both do that & H could play with Dougal & Gilzean?
Mar 2012
9:14am, 27 Mar 2012
232 posts
  •  
RedWineRunner
Tonight I'm down Stonehaven way for a run with Kynon - very much looking forward to some lovely Spring evening running! :D

I had yoga last night and made myself stick with the booking despite the lovely weather, although I shouldn't have bothered as the usual teacher was off and the sub was a bit lame. Too much hippy-dippy swooshing and stretching - I want bending and burning, dammit!
Mar 2012
10:37am, 27 Mar 2012
6,204 posts
  •  
Maz Heeps
Hey Dvorak!! You shoulda said you were coming up the road, we coulda met for a cuppie...! What brought you so far north!

and yes re parkrun, we are a tough bunch running on the prom, but honestly, gimme a force 9 gale on the prom than Falkirk's Heartbreak Hill anyday of the week!!!
Mar 2012
11:19am, 27 Mar 2012
42 posts
  •  
Tomsmum
Mrs S you know my Thursday mornings are booked up.. ;(
Mar 2012
11:37am, 27 Mar 2012
203 posts
  •  
weekatiepea
Thanks for the thoughts folks, I am trying to stay upbeat and positive because I know there is an end to it all. I won't use the crutches all the time, just for longer walks, I can hobble between car and sofa/coffee shop!

Which osteo do you see Tomsmum? I did see one in Aberdeen but it didn't help much. Once bump is out the way I will be trying anyone and everyone to get things back to normal!

MrsS, you won't get me into rugby, I am too much of a wuss for all that tackling! Just read supernormals blog - she is amazing and very inspiring!

Hope you feel better soon HP.
Mar 2012
11:50am, 27 Mar 2012
43 posts
  •  
Tomsmum
I see Vanin Bloch at Rosemount Osteopathy, very lovely but also very effective :)
Mar 2012
12:03pm, 27 Mar 2012
11,696 posts
  •  
halfpint
Mrs S - normally I would keep up the exercise but this is more than just a sniffle. I've just coughed, sneezed, and sniffled through a meeting and would happily have popped under the desk for a snooze. My pockets are jammed full of snotty tissues :( My nose has not stopped since 6am. I'm exhausted and sometimes rest is the best thing :) Debating whether to go to office this afternoon or call in sick for rest of day.

About This Thread

Maintained by MazH
Aberdeen Fetch mile: DATE AND TIME TBC, WORKING ON IT

Aberdeen sports Village outdoor track.

Track will be booked 2 hrs, price for track approx £51.80, so price per head no more than £3 depending on numbers....
Kids are free as ever.

Mile race will be in estimated time heats, and kids races will be a free for all as usual!

We might have a 400m or 200m race also, see how it goes for time/numbers.

Be there or be square!!

Doon sooth'ers more than welcome, we can do a run social to make it worth yer while.....