•  
Mandymoo
It's an acer and windows 7
Jul 2013
9:16am, 18 Jul 2013
3,729 posts
  •  
paul the builder
Hi all. I have a 310 now, after a 305 for a successful few years.(*)

I got the ANT stuff installed, and paired up OK. And for 3 weeks I had no problems at all transferring data, it was working beautifully. Then for some reason which I haven't figured out, it stopped working. And so I checked all the versions (versus Garmin website - all current), and uninstalled and reinstalled Garmin USB drivers, ANT software, and Garmin communicator. After that, the 310 and the ANT stick paired up again OK, and data transferred OK (apparently, according to the progress bar and the messages). But now Fetch doesn't find the "Garmin" device at the training upload page.

The training upload page does find other USB devices (like mp3 player, or phone). And I have no problems with my mp3 player on a near-daily basis to add/delete content via USB.

Does anyone recognise this as a likely or possible Garmin issue? Or is it more likely a USB port problem / Windows problem?

(*) Although on occasion, I used to get "No Garmin was detected" at training upload time. If I unplugged the cable from the USB port, and plugged it back in again, it generally worked second time.
Jul 2013
9:20am, 18 Jul 2013
69,384 posts
  •  
santababy
every single day i have to re pair, i just do it as soon as i get in door now cba trying to sort it out all over again
BS
Jul 2013
9:32am, 18 Jul 2013
2,735 posts
  •  
BS
Paul do you have lots of files on your 'C' drive for garmin. Fetch has instructions on how to move them to another folder. I done this and it work perfectly. I'll see if I have the instructions somewhere. Worth a try.
BS
Jul 2013
9:34am, 18 Jul 2013
2,736 posts
  •  
BS
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\GARMIN\Devices\[DeviceID]\Activities

If you're feeling bold, you could try creating a folder called 'backup', and moving all but a recent handful into there.

See if that helps.
Jul 2013
9:48am, 18 Jul 2013
3,730 posts
  •  
paul the builder
santa - sounds like a PITA. But I don't think pairing is my problem, it was paired fine last night, just no Garmin detected by Fetch.

BS - thanks. Will give that a try later, What was the "problem" / symptom that that fixed for you?
Jul 2013
10:17am, 18 Jul 2013
1,890 posts
  •  
tubbyrunner
PTB I have the same problem with my Garmin uploading to Fetch, I just do it from the FIT files now, bit of a PITA but it does the job.

Keep us posted if if BS's fix works for your problem.
Jul 2013
10:41pm, 18 Jul 2013
5,473 posts
  •  
Footpad
I have found that a hard reset of the Garmin works wonders....... you do lose ALL your data on the device however!!! I have done this twice in a year .... use google to find out how! Normally it is a result of having too much history on the device and it timing out on synching... and causing a corrupt file or something.

Anyhows it is working fine for now!
Jul 2013
11:17pm, 18 Jul 2013
14,441 posts
  •  
flanker
deleting the data on the device from the menu and then from the activities and history folders on the laptop often seemed to solve all my problems.
Jul 2013
8:42am, 19 Jul 2013
3,756 posts
  •  
Badger
Paul, is your watch syncing to your pc properly, but not visible to Fetch?
Do you have to re-pair it every time you sync it?

About This Thread

Maintained by Bru-Bru
The refuge for exasperated 310XT owners

Good advice from techie Fetchies ("Tetchies"?) on how to delete corrupt files and do a reset to fix problems here

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=39918&page=87

and here

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=39918&page=89