Hardmoors Trail Series

60 watchers
Sep 2021
6:50am, 1 Sep 2021
12,704 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
I've only done Hardmoors 110 once and Lakeland 50 once. I was injured for the 50 so only walked after the first 20 miles which made it much harder. I was very lucky with the weather the year I did the 110, regulars told me the coastal path can become very muddy but it was perfect in 2017. I thought the Hardmoors route felt easier, but that could've been because I was fitter. It's a well - organised race on a great route so I'm sure you'll be fine.
MAG
Sep 2021
10:24am, 1 Sep 2021
252 posts
  •  
MAG
Thanks Flanker,
I have read and re-read the website, just the interpretation is what I was checking and only because its all a bit alien to me, allowing support crews.

Thanks too Mrs Shanksi, yes weather and underfoot conditions....could be fun! Thanks again...
Sep 2021
5:56pm, 1 Sep 2021
19,966 posts
  •  
flanker
Yep, if the weather is bad the coastal path on the 110/60/30 (all use the same bit) can be hideous. Deep sloppy mud and a hoolie trying to blow you over the edge. On one 30 we were literally on our belly climbing along the fence for one section.

You'll love it :-)
Sep 2021
6:51pm, 1 Sep 2021
7,897 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
I believe I also did the same 30 you speak of :-) We chatted in the village hall afterwards I recall ..... that wind was vicious wasn't it?
Sep 2021
6:55pm, 1 Sep 2021
12,709 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
I'm very glad I didn't have weather like that!

We stayed in Faceby near Osmotherley in the summer and I took my family on a walk up Roseberry Topping one day and the three sisters on another day. It was great to be on the route again 😊. I think I prefer the inland section, fewer steps!
Sep 2021
7:01pm, 1 Sep 2021
14,133 posts
  •  
Badger
Well that explains something. Signed up to an Endurance Life event that covers some of the same route and been looking suspiciously at how slow the course records are compared with other EL events with more ascent. It'll be the crawling along the fence that does it.
Sep 2021
11:27pm, 1 Sep 2021
19,970 posts
  •  
flanker
I'd put it down to stopping for chips in at least 3 places. I'd avoid the Scarborough chippies but the one on the path out of Robin Hood's Bay does a decent bag.

I think so NE. Was that the year with the icy start? I somehow ended up behind the tail runner at the start, and then went flying on the ice before getting out of the car park in trying to catch up. One of my better years.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by flip
HARDMOORS ULTRA & MARATHON TRAIL RACES

hardmoors 30 - 1st january 2013

Hardmoors 55 - 23th March 2013.
Route (from Osmotherly ) in photo's

facebook.com

Hardmoors 114 - 24th May 2013

Hardmoors 60 -

29th September 2012.
hardmoors110.org.uk

Profile:

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/gallery-showphoto.php?filename=32506_35487.jpg

The last ten Miles of the 114 in pictures. Thanks to Lisrun for this .

picasaweb.google.co.uk

some car support points directions:

docs.google.com

Twitter: twitter.com

Facebook group: facebook.com

*NEW * 5 NEW TRAIL MARATHONS NOT FOR WIMPS:

262.hardmoors110.org.uk