depression

241 watchers
Apr 2014
12:28pm, 20 Apr 2014
13 posts
  •  
Atalanta
GF - is it work in general or just this job? Could you change jobs? Could you do something completetly different?

Life is too short to waste time working in a job that makes you so unhappy.
Apr 2014
3:01pm, 20 Apr 2014
8,406 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
The job has been stressful but we are coming out the other side of that. I don't think it is this job, I just don't know WTF my problem is. I like the job and the people really but atm it's just like I can't do it/face it. Tucked up at home is kind of ok. If I knew myself what my problem was it might help!
Apr 2014
5:25pm, 22 Apr 2014
189 posts
  •  
catherine the plodder
My depression has come back again due to a situation at work over the last 6 weeks - had been managing ok since the new year but familiar signs returning.

Have gone to dr today and been signed off for a fortnight - going to try and negotiate my exit via my union rep whilst I'm off.

Hugs to all x
Apr 2014
1:31am, 23 Apr 2014
16,864 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
GF have you been offered any counselling to help you identify what is wrong? I have felt trapped in a job I hated but was afraid to leave it but then circumstances changed and I left and it all seemed much less important.

I have been having a few meltdown downs recently with my consultant. I am finding it very difficult to try and make him understand how the cancer makes me feel on a day to day basis and why I have decided to take early retirement. Every time I try and talk to him Get very emotional and end up crying. In my head he almost seems to have become a substitute for my Dad/husband etc
Apr 2014
9:23pm, 23 Apr 2014
31 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
Have been having a tough week - feeling really quite fed up with everything, especially work - past couple of days have been particularly demotivated, not helped by a fair bit of general discontent in the office. Not sleeping very well, and letting old bad habits creep back.

Also wondering if the medication isn't really doing what it should - I've been on Citalopram since last May, and have just booked repeat prescriptions the past few times (doctor wanted to start taking me off them gradually, but really not sure i'd be ready for that) - has anyone else moved to a different type of medication that worked better than Citalopram?
Apr 2014
4:11am, 25 Apr 2014
11,271 posts
  •  
UltraDunc
This IS a fucking shit illness... So many pressures on life...okay no problem....but all the badness in the world??? Fucking hate the dark thoughts coming to me .

I've reduced cit to 5mg and next week is supposed to be my last after 4 years.

I'm getting a lot more short tempered !!
Apr 2014
4:46am, 25 Apr 2014
First-time poster!!
  •  
paklurah
[Removed by moderator]
Apr 2014
10:22am, 25 Apr 2014
4,353 posts
  •  
Southcoastpete
Badness in the world UD? Yes there is a lot, so I try and avoid the news. Kind of works, and there isn't much you can do about whats happening out there.
Then I just try and focus on the good stuff out there.
Apr 2014
11:48am, 25 Apr 2014
11,127 posts
  •  
B-Lass
Anyone know much about or struggle with Cyclothymia? It's what my now ex has just been diagnosed with along with borderline personality disorder and depression. We split up because he's struggling with his diagnosis and wants space after I found out he's been sending pictures and texts etc to other girls saying he was single and wanted to be loved and wanted a relationship etc. I know it was during one of his manic periods and when he's on a high he liked attention and was getting it. It turns into a bit of an infatuation and although I know he's never do anything or meet them etc it doesn't hurt any less. Then I found out, had to wait till he was stable again to talk about it and now he's dejected and on a huge downer. There's no reasoning with him when he's on a high or a low, it's like he's not even there :( I love him to pieces and I'm so lost . Sorry for the brain dump :( just didn't know if I could get some perspective from anyone who has it and battles with it. I feel like I'm always making his illness worse or saying the wrong thing :(
Apr 2014
5:15pm, 25 Apr 2014
14 posts
  •  
Atalanta
IW - I was on citalopram for about 4 months but it didn't seem to help me.

I had a meltdown at work one day and after that my GP changed me to mirtazapine which I've been on for about 4 months now. That helped with sleep immediately and I think it is at last starting to help with the depression, though it has taken a while to get the dosage right.

Perhaps you should go and see your doctor.

About This Thread

Maintained by NRGEE