depression

1 lurker | 241 watchers
Mar 2014
8:34am, 11 Mar 2014
4,029 posts
  •  
Endorphins Junky
((((EB)))) Glad you're feeling a little better, hope that continues. Persevere with GP, will be worth it I think.
(((GF))) Always difficult to know what to do re work, wish there was a single answer fits all!!
(((VV))) From reading lots and lots of posts on hear about meds the one thing I've concluded is that everyone is different. What is good for you re meds and alcohol may not be so good for someone else etc etc etc. I think I win the prize for stating the bloody obvious there - I know it's bloody annoying that there is no single answer!
(((PGI))) - good news re CBT, hope you get something from it.

I'm ok at the moment, I think. I'm busy trying to force the conversation at therapy, force it onto the things I know I need to understand but I know will be painful. Feel like therapy is being overtaken by current problems at home. Therapist is not convinced that I'm right to force it. Which makes it all rather interesting ..............

(((Hugs))) for all who need them.

Carp - how's you at the moment?
Mar 2014
11:41am, 11 Mar 2014
4,280 posts
  •  
Southcoastpete
Well I've been to my GP this morning. Thought it would be good to chat about meds and how I'm feeling.

Some GPs can be hardwork, though perhaps I'm expecting magic answers. She says to keep in with the meds, and to try to get myself out on my social things .The feeling is, that although running and meditation is good for me, they are quite solitary activities, for me anyway.

Actually, I don't do too badly on meeting people, as I've joined several social groups, and it is a help.

I came away with a wad of prescriptions for more citalapram.
Mar 2014
1:47pm, 11 Mar 2014
4,032 posts
  •  
Endorphins Junky
Well some of that sounds ok SCP, some not so much. I agree re GPs - I guess it's like any other group of people - some good, some bad, some hardwork. Reading things on here I am left wondering if GPs should have to undergo some sort of basic people skills training, or maybe even pass an exam in it!

Hope you're ok. (((()))
Mar 2014
7:51pm, 11 Mar 2014
623 posts
  •  
Da Big Guy
A few days ago after that "student deprerssion" link and I said I'd speak to the PhD syudent we have - tioday I did. It was a briefish conversation and it took an effort to get him to realise I wasn't asking how his work was but how he was. He laks a bit of confidence in what he does and I donlt think he has a very scienbtific mind so I thought he might be vulnerable. From what he said thiugh he seems okay. He is sleeping well and eating well so they are very good signs I guess. He does seem happy bujt I guess that is not always a good indicator. Anyway all seems well.
Mar 2014
7:58pm, 11 Mar 2014
50,461 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
Hello
Sorry to be AWOL
Been lurking
EB, do you actually *want* help???
Or not?
Seems to me you dont, sorry to say
But do you want to go on like this??
Re the having a plan, yep, lots of us do, and there aint so much wrong with that if the time comes
I also respect anyones right to end it, always have
But, what about the day to day?
Do you WANT to try and get better?
Mar 2014
7:59pm, 11 Mar 2014
50,462 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
SCp-there is no magic answer, i so wish there was

EJ-hm, so you are directing your own treatment now.I would see that as massive progrress, and i bet your therapist does too :)
Mar 2014
8:10pm, 11 Mar 2014
50,463 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
Right, I am gonna say this to EB
Ignore, me, tell me to wazz off or whatever but
CB has been amazingly supportive, hasnt he, in the past.he has come and posted on here, and has always had the utmost repsect for how you wanna handle things.
Right now though, he must be feeling really shut out, and not knowing what to do
You say you arent talking to him, you havent been to see you GP, and you have that plan(which i respect fully, BTW)
He must be at his wits end!
he is a lovely guy who loves you and wants all the best for you and doesnt want to lose you
Thats GOT to be worth a LOT, hasnt it?
if you cant talk to him, pleas talk to someone else
You have a lot to live for
xx
Mar 2014
10:22am, 12 Mar 2014
12 posts
  •  
Atalanta
I'm really struggling today. I feel so tired, in spite of sleeping better now I am on mirtazapine.

I used to love my work but I can't handle it any more and keep dissolving into tears.
I just don't understand what is wrong with me and what I can do to put it right. :(
Mar 2014
2:28pm, 13 Mar 2014
6,063 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
This got posted. Different perspective.

t.co
Mar 2014
2:32pm, 13 Mar 2014
4,036 posts
  •  
Endorphins Junky
That's good DBG, good on you for checking up.
Hi PH - long time, no hear! :)
(((Atalanta))) Hope you feel a bit better today.

My mood is foul today - feel like I could easily explode.

About This Thread

Maintained by NRGEE