•  
Carpathius
(((EB))) wish I could help :( please go to your GP xxx
Mar 2014
6:42pm, 9 Mar 2014
361 posts
  •  
Running Duck
EB - I too have such a plan as if my pain gets intolerable, I will definitely use it. It also in a funny way gives me security and calm.
Mar 2014
7:47pm, 9 Mar 2014
11,593 posts
  •  
early bird
Thanks RD that makes me feel a bit better, CB made me feel as if I was crazy to have my plan

Carp my gp is so hard to get hold of its unreal, I will try again tho
Mar 2014
7:48pm, 9 Mar 2014
2,359 posts
  •  
Carpathius
Can you write EB? Or change surgeries; yours sounds like a nightmare.
Mar 2014
10:06pm, 9 Mar 2014
11,594 posts
  •  
early bird
theguardian.com

I've just read this and although my epilepsy isn't as intense as hers our stories are almost identical and our medication is. She also talks about her severe mood swings and at times her desire to commit suicide. Maybe a lot of my trouble is linked to my epilepsy rather than depression in the conventional way if that makes sense. CB always swore my mood got worse on my new meds but because they were good for my epilepsy I refused to change them. The only difference in the medication is I'm not on progesterone yet and she's changed her diet to ketogenic and it's helped. Think I need to revisit my neurologist and ask some questions
Mar 2014
10:24pm, 9 Mar 2014
2,361 posts
  •  
Carpathius
That is a very good idea xxx
Mar 2014
10:41pm, 9 Mar 2014
13,680 posts
  •  
Ultra Sparkly Bridget (USB)
eb - from our experience having a plan makes mental health professionals very anxious when assessing risk of suicide. I guess it ramps up the risk of actually doing something. My daughter had her assessment with CAMHS at the start of a week, they had us back before the end of it. After a long and difficult consultation we had a plan in place but they did then tell us that had things been different they would have been advising us to cancel our holiday in the sun that started that weekend.
Mar 2014
10:54pm, 9 Mar 2014
11,595 posts
  •  
early bird
That's been my concern USB which is why I have been reluctant to see gp. I think if I do I will either omit that detail or play it down a lot.I am more minded to speak with my neurologist tbh as she's more likely to understand the impact my epilepsy and meds could be having. My next appt is end of April I think
Mar 2014
12:21pm, 10 Mar 2014
11,596 posts
  •  
early bird
Feeling better today but exhausted. I am going to push myself out the door for a run tho to see if it helps. Tried ringing neurologist secretary this morning but no answer so I'll leave it for now. Thanks for the support yesterday x
Mar 2014
1:13pm, 10 Mar 2014
4,416 posts
  •  
Duchess
Please don't leave it EB. Ask CB to make the appointment if you're exhausted.

About This Thread

Maintained by NRGEE